collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 584
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Vettel Should Be Suspended For Dis-obaying Team Orders  (Read 4539 times)

Offline Willy

« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 11:28:56 PM by Wizzo »

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
Re: Vettel Should Be Suspended For Dis-obaying Team Orders
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2013, 10:42:49 PM »
No it will never happen: (A) because Vettel is the defacto number 1 anyway - it just suits Red Bull to say there is no preference. and (B) the team is bound to lose championship points with a replacement driver, remember how many points Ferrari lost when Schumi was out with a broken leg and then when Massa was sidelined by the flying debris. They are not likely to put either the drivers or constructors title at risk over this.

I'm sure many drivers have committed comparable sins against their teams, most will not have been suspended - although I suspect a few under achievers may well have been shown the door.

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2013, 11:21:32 AM »
It probably won't happen, but it absolutely should happen. As Watson said, Horner needs to show Vettel who is in charge of the team. In the long run, allowing Vettel to continue as a loose cannon will be more costly to the team than giving the car to Buemi in China.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Scott

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2013, 12:35:18 PM »
I mentioned in the other thread on this that if they suspended Vettel, his replacement would have zero experience.  I take that back.  Buemi would surely pick up some points in the RBR. 

Otherwise, as I said there, yank his travel budget, fine him as much as they can contractually and just generally make him feel like he was a bad, bad boy (make him sit in the back seat, take taxis to the track, stay in crappy little motel or hotel not with the team etc...).   :D :D
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2013, 02:20:45 PM »
I think the damage to the sport would be immense if RBR were to suspend Vettel.

There is no way for a casual fan to appreciate why suspending the world champion for winning a race makes any sense at all, but plenty of room for people to dismiss the sport as being run by buffoons.

I'm with Scott:  make him wear pink nail polish on his "#1 finger", paint "Sorry Mark" on his side pods, block his internet access for a week (that's what works with my kid)

vintly

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2013, 03:31:10 PM »
I'll stick my neck out and say there's NO WAY he'll get a suspension, not even close. Suspending him would harm the team's title chances, which is more than his overtaking move did, in real terms.

He should be forced to agree to let Mark win the next race where they're in a 1-2 position with Vettel in front, and take a serious rap on the knuckles, plus whatever else Red Bull deem fit - fines, nail polish, repeated dead arms, etc...

Offline Scott

Offline Irisado

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2013, 12:48:29 PM »
He won't get suspended.  The team would, effectively, shoot themselves in the foot by doing that regarding the constructors' championship, and there's no way that Marko would allow it to even be discussed, let alone enacted.
Soņando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2013, 01:54:14 PM »
The boat has sailed. Red Bull, by not being serious in its discouragement of earlier, smaller infractions of innocent team orders by Sebastian, has effectively taught Sebastian that it approves of his disobedient actions on a "no harm, no foul" basis. Any attempt to correct now would probably be seen as insincere by Sebastian and thereby ignored.

There have been moments in the last 72 hours when I've wished Red Bull could suspend Sebastian, but it would be both self-deating and a waste of energy. All Red Bull can really do is train Daniel Ricciardo and Jean-Eric Vergne better. Teach them that there's a reason to follow small instructions and the big ones probably won't be needed (and will be obeyed if they are). It's just like teaching toddlers, really.
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2013, 04:04:33 PM »
Suspending Vettel for the next race probably wouldn't do all that much damage to the sport. The next race is China, so there will only be a couple of dozen people there to see it, anyhow.

Seriously, they really need to do something to him that will hurt. Parking him would do wonders. Besides, think of the enormous good if Buemi finished really well in the car.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Scott

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2013, 09:18:38 PM »
Marko says it's all 'settled'.  He would, I suppose...

When did they take the accompanying picture?  2009 (probably the last time they actually congratulated one another)?  I thought Webber always had a yellow helmet...is it even Webber in the picture?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/21967790

Offline Dare

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2013, 12:19:48 AM »
Marko said Vettel had been "distressed" by the situation, adding: "I don't think he will do that again."

If he doesn't think he'd do it again nothing is settled

Marko also insisted the team had been helpless to intervene during the race to stop Vettel disobeying the order to stay behind Webber.

In other words that couldn't have told him to give back the position
or else.

What would I do if I were the team boss?Make him sit out the China race
and force him to drink a case of Red Bull.If drinking that nasty tasting
crap didn't change I'd fire his arrogant  ass
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2013, 08:52:33 AM »
  make him wear pink nail polish on his "#1 finger", paint "Sorry Mark" on his side pods, block his internet access for a week (that's what works with my kid)

:DD :DD :DD :DD :DD I like that Jeri, Awesome  :good: :good:

Though all these things have made me confused, :confused:

In one hand we are bashing Vettel for not following team orders, on the other hand bashing Lewis/Nico for following them.  :confused:
Keep running the fast cars, you will be never out of girls

Offline Scott

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2013, 01:24:56 PM »
I don't think anyone has bashed Lewis or Nico for following them.  Only a small mention about Nico certainly having the speed on Hamilton to have easily taken and maintained 3rd.  Vettel was not so convincing of his ability to take Webber without some help.

Offline Irisado

« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2013, 11:11:52 AM »
Nothing is settled.  Vettel would do the same again as far as I can see.  All this 'shaking hands' stuff is nothing more than a PR exercise.
Soņando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle