collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 616
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Webber Sent to Back of Grid  (Read 2080 times)

Offline cosworth151

Webber Sent to Back of Grid
« on: April 13, 2013, 05:12:05 PM »
And it just gets worse.

Mark Webber has been sent to the back of the grid for running out of fuel during Q2 at Shanghai. This was because his car didn't have the required one liter of fuel for testing.

I still haven't heard why Vettel wasn't allowed to set a time in Q3. I wonder if it could have been that the team feared the same fueling problem with his car.

http://www.crash.net/f1/news/189789/1/f1_china_2013_webber_to_start_from_back_after_fuel_penalty.html

“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline F1fanaticBD

Re: Webber Sent to Back of Grid
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2013, 07:21:00 PM »
The team states that Vettel made a mistake, so as they were running mediums, they just called him in, saving a bit of tyre. To be frank, I could not remember Red Bull struggling that much in a qualifier for a pretty long team, at least in Adrian era. It was quite unbelievable for me to see that Red Bull is going for a strategy which would have been taken up by last year's Ferrari or this year's McLaren (Which they did). I am still not ruling out Vettel as strong contender for podium if not win, as he have shown last year in Abu Dhabi, Brazil and Spa, he will charge through the field for sure. Which makes it much more mouth watering, like Chinese Foods  :yahoo: :yahoo:

The game is on Baby  :yahoo: :yahoo:
Keep running the fast cars, you will be never out of girls

Offline Alonsofan

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2013, 07:49:06 PM »
he will charge through the field for sure. Which makes it much more mouth watering, like Chinese Foods  :yahoo: :yahoo:

Or starting in midfield he could have an unfortunate collision at turn 1 and retire. When i say unfortunate I am praying it happens already  :yahoo: :yahoo:

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2013, 08:00:27 PM »
I still haven't heard why Vettel wasn't allowed to set a time in Q3. I wonder if it could have been that the team feared the same fueling problem with his car.

Seb did one lap early in Q3 but took to the pits instead of crossing the start finish line, it was a banker to ensure he stayed ahead of anyone who did not venture out at all.
Then on his proper run, like Jens on medium tyres, he made a mistake and ran off the track. Jens was following him and since the McLaren passed Vettel there was no point to Seb continuing the lap, his time would be higher than Jens' - and the chequered flag was out, so he pitted without setting a time.
It's quite funny really that Jens starts a place ahead of Seb on the grid with a time that is over 30 secs above the pole time.  :D

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2013, 02:39:36 AM »
Both are gambling that the soft tire will last longer at the end of the race than at the beginning. This is the strategy Sutil used in Oz, But the FIF1 was too hard on the soft compound. Expect to see Jens and Seb go to the lead when the others pit for mediums, probably fairly early. As for Webber, this neatly solves any problems with team orders doesn't it?
Lonny

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle