collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 590
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Boston Marathon Explosion  (Read 7149 times)

Offline Ian

An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline PG_Gabriel

Re: Boston Marathon Explosion
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2013, 11:25:09 PM »
One of my best friends dad, and my tack coach were running. . My friend was watching the race near by the explosion, He his dad and my coach are all ok though. Just a terrible situation. My thoughts go out to those who didn't make it, and those who were injured.

Offline Dare

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2013, 12:26:27 AM »
I've wondered for years when will something like this happen at
a sporting event
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2013, 03:25:13 AM »
I can't believe no one walked a bomb dog along the route. ABC had so many conflicting reports about dead and injured and whether or not there were more bombs You couldn't tell what was actually happening.
Lonny

Offline Scott

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2013, 08:56:36 AM »
New reports are stating 3 dead and more than 130 injured.  As well a third blast reported near the JFK Library.  Just tragic.  Some forums are suggesting it might be homegrown and in conjunction with tax day.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Wizzo

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2013, 12:01:17 PM »
This is terrible, my thoughts go out to the poor people who have lost their lives or been injured.

A sad day for sport in general.

Wiz
"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

GPWizard F1 Forum https://www.gpwizard.co.uk
:wizard:
Wizzo

Online cosworth151

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2013, 12:33:47 PM »
It was not only tax day, it was the Massachusetts state holiday of Patriots Day. It commemorates the battles of Lexington & Concord, the start of the American Revolution. That is why the race is held on that day.

The course of the race winds 26 miles through Boston. Tens of thousands of people attend. Total security would be impossible. With so many people in such a confined space, I'm just glad that it wasn't even worse that it was.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Ian

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2013, 10:21:36 PM »
I see they've captured the other scumbag, they should have crippled him and then poured a couple of gallons of petrol over him and set him alight.

Offline Irisado

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2013, 11:32:24 PM »
I see they've captured the other scumbag, they should have crippled him and then poured a couple of gallons of petrol over him and set him alight.

In which case they would be no better than he is, so that's hardly a good way of solving the problem.

I'm pleased that they captured him alive, and that nobody else got caught up in a running gun battle, as that was my fear.
Soņando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline Ian

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2013, 11:49:04 PM »
As far as I'm concerned, anybody who sets off a bomb without caring what happens is not a human being. So why should they be treated like one. An eye for an eye I say!

Offline Dare

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2013, 12:27:05 AM »
As far as I'm concerned, anybody who sets off a bomb without caring what happens is not a human being. So why should they be treated like one. An eye for an eye I say!

What worries me Ian is how many more like them are
still in our countryt and yours?
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Ian

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2013, 12:49:25 AM »
Too many Dare, too many.

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2013, 04:12:14 AM »
They wanted him alive to get some answers: Were they acting alone or part of a group, what were they trying to accomplish, where did they learn to make IEDs etc? How did 2 guys everyone says were kind and gentle people become terrorists?
Lonny

Offline Ian

« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2013, 09:56:52 AM »
The same way they do over here and other places Lonny, they get radicalized by extremists.

Offline Alonsofan

« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2013, 10:05:37 AM »
The same way they do over here and other places Lonny, they get radicalized by extremists.

Unfortunately you are right Ian :(

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle