collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 545
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16159 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11276 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Watson: Ditch the dog and decide  (Read 2334 times)

Offline Dare

Watson: Ditch the dog and decide
« on: June 03, 2013, 01:02:25 PM »

from Planet F1

I'm a big dog lover but is a pit really the place
for a dog?I know how they hate sirens and couldn't
you imagine how a F1 engine effects them?I bet
Roscoe is all for the 6 bangers

Watson: Ditch the dog and decide
Former F1 driver John Watson has urged Lewis Hamilton to leave Roscoe at home and, while he's at it, to decide if he wants to be an "F1 driver or a hip-hop star."

Hamilton joined Mercedes at the start of this season and has often spoken of the freedom he has been given by the team.

"Now I don't really care if people have problems with my tattoos," the Brit said in Monaco. "I can have as many tattoos as I want because I love tattoos.

"I can walk and dress and speak the way I want."

And he can take his dog to the races after Bernie Ecclestone granted Roscoe a paddock pass.

Watson, though, fears Hamilton has gone too far and has urged the 28-year-old to think about what he really wants from life; to race in F1 or to be a hip-hop star.

"There is no place for a dog in the F1 paddock," Watson, a five-time grand prix winner, told the Express newspaper.

"For one thing, it is not fair on the animal. It might be in luxurious surroundings, but an engine firing up is like a firecracker or bomb going off for a dog. It's not right.

"It just shows that Mercedes are bending over too far to please Lewis. There is absolutely no way McLaren would have allowed it. Lewis wanted more freedom from McLaren and he has got that, but it can go too far the other way.

"Lewis has to decide if he wants to be an F1 driver or a hip-hop star. At the end of the day, you have got to respect the job that you are doing.

"He went to Mercedes with the reputation of being the man who would get the job done. Niki Lauda took the credit for getting him in there.

"Niki is a experienced former driver who won three world titles. You don't do that just being quite nice and he should be there trying to help Lewis work his way through the problems and point out what Mercedes expect from him.

"If your life was on the line and it was all down to one lap, you would back Lewis over Nico every time. But it is just not happening for him at the minute and he needs to start working out why."

The Brit also called on his compatriot to respond to the challenge laid down by his team-mate Nico Rosberg, who raced from pole position to the victory in Monaco while Hamilton dropped from P2 on the grid to fourth.

"Lewis needs to respond now and quickly resolve the issues. If you keep getting beaten by your team-mate then you damage your own commodity.

"Other competitors then spot that you have a flaw and they will dismiss you. Very quickly you are off their radar and when that happens it is very difficult to recover."

Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline cosworth151

Re: Watson: Ditch the dog and decide
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2013, 01:16:24 PM »
What's the big deal? Williams has had two dogs on the grid for every race!

Actually, it's just another budget cutting move from the BBC. They want to combine their F1 coverage with One Man and his Dog to save money.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2013, 02:29:17 PM »
I agree about the dog. A very loud F1 pit is no place for a dog. But to be fair, part of the reason Lewis dropped to P4 was that he was deliberately slowing the field to give Nico a cushion before pit stops started. I admire him for that.
Lonny

Offline Scott

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2013, 03:12:03 PM »
Ditch Watson.  :crazy:  Who cares if Lewis likes tattoos?  I'd probably have one if I wasn't so terrified of needles.

Dogs and extremely loud noise is not the best, but as long as the dog is well inside Lewis' motorhome or the team motorhome when the cars are fired up, who cares.  Now if Bernie gets whacked in the back of the head with a frisbee while Lewis is playing catch with him, the rules might change, but otherwise... 
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

vintly

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2013, 11:31:41 AM »
I went off Hammy in 2010/11, after various sulks and ill-advised comments, but I like him again, all be it for different reasons. The sport needs characters and if they're controversial then all the better in my view. Although I don't find him in the least bit endearing, he's certainly good value. Keep the dog, keep getting up Watson's nose, maybe get Roscoe a tattoo as well :)

Offline Irisado

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2013, 11:37:37 AM »
Hamilton can be a character without bringing a dog to the races.  I agree with John Watson about this.  The pit lane, and paddock, are no place for pets.
Soņando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline Scott

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2013, 12:02:47 PM »
for a dog?I know how they hate sirens

Maybe if you weren't always in trouble with the law there wouldn't be so many sirens  ;) ;) :D

Offline Dare

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2013, 01:46:40 PM »
for a dog?I know how they hate sirens

Maybe if you weren't always in trouble with the law there wouldn't be so many sirens  ;) ;) :D

How are you supposed to hide when the sirens start
and your trusted dog starts howling
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Scott

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2013, 05:02:47 PM »
Sounds like he wants you to have a new home  ;)

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2013, 06:42:21 PM »
I agree about the dog. A very loud F1 pit is no place for a dog. But to be fair, part of the reason Lewis dropped to P4 was that he was deliberately slowing the field to give Nico a cushion before pit stops started. I admire him for that.

Other than it's against the rules to do that (Fisico got a penalty in China 2005 for exactly that action with the same motivation), and I was mildly surprised Lewis didn't get a drive-through for causing a traffic jam.
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline Scott

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2013, 07:14:27 PM »
I thought Lewis kept it real enough that it just looked like he was having troubles keeping up to Nico.  Probably something he learned on the simulator...or maybe Spain  ;)

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2013, 02:58:56 AM »
I thought Lewis kept it real enough that it just looked like he was having troubles keeping up to Nico.  Probably something he learned on the simulator...or maybe Spain  ;)

:DD :DD :DD :DD :DD
Keep running the fast cars, you will be never out of girls

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle