collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 236
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16165 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12997 Posts
John S John S
11276 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Panther Racing terminates JR Hildebrand  (Read 1116 times)

Offline Dare

Panther Racing terminates JR Hildebrand
« on: June 03, 2013, 11:57:19 PM »
from SB Nation

Crashed in the last turn a few years ago and lap 4 this year.
Can't really blame the team

Ryan Briscoe will replace JR Hildebrand this weekend in the National Guard Chevrolet. Mistake-ridden accidents at St. Petersburg and Indianapolis marred Hildebrand's record.

Panther Racing has parted ways with driver JR Hildebrand and replaced him with Ryan Briscoe for this weekend's twin races on the Streets of Belle Isle in Detroit, the team announced on Thursday afternoon. The team referred to its decision to terminate Hildebrand's contract a "mutual agreement."

Hildebrand was set to drive for the team through the remainder of the 2013 season. Hildebrand is the 2009 Firestone Indy Light Series champion and made 37 starts in the No. 4 National Guard/Panther Racing Chevrolet since the beginning of the 2011 season.

"We'd like to thank JR Hildebrand for his contributions to Panther Racing, and especially the work he put into supporting the National Guard and all of our programs to support its soldiers," Panther managing partner John Barnes said in a news release. "JR is a great young man, a class act, and somebody who has been a great representative of our race team and all of our partners since 2011. We certainly wish JR, his family and his representatives all the best in the future."

Hildebrand is perhaps best known for nearly winning the 2011 Indianapolis 500, if not for crashing on the final turn of the last lap that ultimately delivered Dan Wheldon's final IndyCar victory.

A series of mistakes, including running into the back of Will Power under caution at St. Petersburg and crashing on lap four of this year's Indianapolis 500 had Hildebrand mired 18th in the champions standings, 89 points behind Marco Andretti.

These mistakes and a lack of improvement out of the California-native appear to have led to Hildebrand's termination. Hildebrand thanked his former employers in a news release where he also looked forward to his next opportunity in the IndyCar Series.

"I want to thank Panther Racing for the opportunity," Hildebrand said. "I'm very much looking forward to the next chapter in my IndyCar career, and wish all my friends at Panther the absolute best."

Briscoe joins the team one week after making his season debut in the Indianapolis 500, where he finished 12th for Chip Ganassi. Briscoe has seven career IndyCar Series wins but has spent most of this season in the American Le Mans Series after losing his ride with Penske Racing at the end of last season.

"I'm unbelievably excited to be back in the IndyCar Series with Panther Racing," Briscoe said. "I've competed against this team for a long time and it will be great to have the opportunity to work with John Barnes and the Panther guys. I'm confident we'll all work well together and be able to hit the ground running this weekend in Detroit."

Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline cosworth151

Re: Panther Racing terminates JR Hildebrand
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2013, 12:04:45 PM »
Not a surprise. Too bad he'll always be the guy who beat himself at the end of the 2012 Indy 500. Good to see Briscoe get another shot.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle