collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 588
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Alonso's fear of Pirelli F1 tyres at Silvertone disappears  (Read 595 times)

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
Funny how testing upgrades suddenly makes him brave.  ;)

Now I seem to remember Ferrari were very vocal about how Mercedes must have gained an big advantage from pure tyre testing at Barca, - allegedly Nando doesn't share that view.  :D 

Fernando Alonso appears ready to perform a U-turn on his stated reluctance to take part in the forthcoming Silverstone test.

The Spaniard told journalists before last weekend's German Grand Prix that he did not intend to play a part in the session – extended from the scheduled Young Driver plan to help Pirelli get to grips with tyre specifications for the remainder of the season – but ended the event admitting that he had failed to grasp the full value of the test.

"I don't intend to go," Alonso said last Thursday (4 July), "It's not a very safe thing racing on the same track with the same tyres. I don't have the feeling [that] I want to go.”

However, having been told that his Ferrari team would be able to use the test for more than just tyre work, the double world champion appears to have had a change of heart.

“When we arrived here on Thursday, the Silverstone test did not seem that important, because the race drivers were only meant to be testing the tyres, but, having heard what the FIA had to say, it's been confirmed that we can test updates and this makes it a much more sensible proposition,” he acknowledged, “If I get the call from the team, I'm ready to go.”

Crash.net, Today.

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline cosworth151

Re: Alonso's fear of Pirelli F1 tyres at Silvertone disappears
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2013, 12:46:07 PM »
MEMO

To: Ferd

Re: Silverstone test.

Message: In the immortal words of Rihanna, Shut up and drive!
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2013, 06:03:17 AM »
So here is Mercedes' real punishment, they tested tires and said they tried no new upgrades; The other teams get to test anything they want to, advantage Red Bull.
Lonny

Offline Alonsofan

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2013, 08:48:16 PM »
All that matters here is . . . . . . If you go, what day are you going Fernando??
I need to know which day I need to skive off work.....shhhh hehe

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle