collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 546
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Sony Nextep Wrist Computer - Vision of the Near Future  (Read 1973 times)

Offline Wizzo

Sony Nextep Wrist Computer - Vision of the Near Future
« on: July 11, 2013, 12:38:08 PM »
This is the Sony Nextep Computer that has been designed by Hiromi Kiriki.  Although, this fabulous design is in its concept stage, nevertheless its entire form, idea and features have made it one of the most awaited gadgets to come out nearly seven years from now!

This concept of a wrist computer would be having an OLED touch screen which would be extremely flexible and that would be accompanied with a holographic projector that would do away with the screen and make it very high-tech.  You can pull out additional keyboard panels from the device and the features would also connect you to your preferred social networking sites.

The design looks like a bracelet and is worn like one too.  This potential computer by Sony raises a lot of hopes as its design is very capable of supporting various apps along with other user friendly features like the holographic screen and the retractable keyboard- which combines both the qualities of a high-end PC as well as a mobile phone.  The bracelet device can be converted into a tablet with three display units and two additional keyboard panels, however, it is not ascertained whether it would also double up as a mobile device, although there is a high probability that it might.

This should be the next big thing in technology that is being brought about by the electronics giant Sony which has risen hopes of the Sony Nextep as being the next big thing in the technology market!

"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

GPWizard F1 Forum https://www.gpwizard.co.uk
:wizard:
Wizzo

Offline Scott

Re: Sony Nextep Wrist Computer - Vision of the Near Future
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2013, 02:57:09 PM »
Yuck. :sick: :sick:  I can whip out my iPad in a lot less time than this contraption looks like it takes to set up, and I would just as soon not have anything heavier than a watch on my arm.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2013, 03:22:42 PM »
Yuck. :sick: :sick:  I can whip out my iPad in a lot less time than this contraption looks like it takes to set up, and I would just as soon not have anything heavier than a watch on my arm.

Not keen on the design per se, but the idea of being able to carry a computer without having to put it in a bag or pocket is pretty alluring.

Offline Ian

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2013, 04:11:30 PM »
Jeez, I'd need a magnifying glass to see that screen.  :DD
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline Scott

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2013, 06:43:36 PM »
Not keen on the design per se, but the idea of being able to carry a computer without having to put it in a bag or pocket is pretty alluring.

I say the setup appears to be more annoying than carrying a bag around, and besides, an iPad mini will fit just fine into just about any jacket pocket (winter), or the leg pocket on my shorts (summer).
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2013, 03:42:18 PM »
Dear me, there are so many technophobic people around here  :tease: For me I think its is really cool..
Keep running the fast cars, you will be never out of girls

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2013, 08:28:53 PM »
Dear me, there are so many technophobic people around here  :tease: For me I think its is really cool..

Don't confuse life experience with technophobia.  Once you get to a certain point in life, you realise that 'new' isn't automatically 'better'.  We're looking at this device, and wondering in what way it makes life better.  What does it do that an iPad (for example) doesn't?

Offline Ian

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2013, 10:43:53 PM »
Who needs new anyway ? I've got a 9yo (approx) computer and a Nokia 6700 phone and they both work ok, I don't need a tablet(except for a hangover) or an iphone or android phone, too big.
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2013, 11:50:09 PM »
Who needs new anyway ? I've got a 9yo (approx) computer and a Nokia 6700 phone and they both work ok, I don't need a tablet(except for a hangover) or an iphone or android phone, too big.

:DD  :DD:DD

I got nothing to say..
Keep running the fast cars, you will be never out of girls

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle