collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 102
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16179 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
13021 Posts
John S John S
11296 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Austrian GP to return in 2014  (Read 1780 times)

Online Dare

Austrian GP to return in 2014
« on: July 23, 2013, 03:25:03 PM »
from PlanetF1

The A-Ring was my favorite track to play in F1 games.I wonder
if Bernie is adding another race or replacing one with this one?

Formula One will once again make a stopover in Austria next year as the country will return to the calendar.

The race is set to take place at the refurbished Red Bull Ring in Spielberg on July 6 following negotiations between Red Bull owner Dietrich Mateschitz and F1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone.

A short statement from Red Bull read: "Dietrich Mateschitz and Bernie Ecclestone have reached agreement to the effect that Formula 1 will come back to Styria next year."

The Red Bull Ring, which was originally named the Österreichring, made its F1 debut in 1970 and hosted races until 1987 before being dropped due to problems with the track.

However, it returned in 1997 under the A1-Ring name and was part of the F1 calendar until 2003.

Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

vintly

Re: Austrian GP to return in 2014
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2013, 04:19:13 PM »
I can see the Korean GP getting the elbow. Could it be possible in this day and age - a European GP taking the place of an Oriental GP? Hope so.

Offline Scott

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2013, 05:39:52 PM »
The Red Bull-Ring perhaps??   ;)
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2013, 08:31:46 PM »
Could this be the end of New Jersey? I don't think that one stood any real chance, anyway.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2013, 08:59:15 PM »
Could this be the end of New Jersey? I don't think that one stood any real chance, anyway.

Nah I don't think Red Bull Ring will replace New Jersey, Mateschitz wants another American race as much as Bernie - big market for energy drinks in the States.  ;) 
Another European circuit is good, so long as it doesn't replace any other European venue.  :nono:  Still the Austrian track is pretty good - try riding a lap with Marc Gene in a Ferrari F60 at the Red Bull Ring in this video.

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Ian

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2013, 09:06:05 PM »
Good post John, I've always liked this circuit, good on F1 games too.  :good:
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2013, 03:26:23 AM »
If the European GP is toast in Spain, this could be replacing that one. Nice high speed circuit, no Tilke hairpins.
Lonny

vintly

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2013, 11:19:04 AM »
If the European GP is toast in Spain, this could be replacing that one. Nice high speed circuit, no Tilke hairpins.

New Jersey has already replaced Valencia, the three week gap this July is because New Jersey fell through, Valencia's already history. Anyway, it's great news, whatever it replaces.

Hey BD, this doesn't do much for your bet against me, saying Red Bull will be out of F1 in a few years  :D :D

I think Red Bull could be running the show in a decade or so. The whole damn thing.

Offline Irisado

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2013, 02:52:29 PM »
Tha A1 (Red Bull) Ring isn't too bad by today's standards.  If it replaces one of the awful fly away tracks, then I'm all in favour.  Of course, they're bound to have taken all the challenge out of the track by removing the gravel traps, but it would still flow better than a lot of these new circuits.
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2013, 09:53:57 PM »

Hey BD, this doesn't do much for your bet against me, saying Red Bull will be out of F1 in a few years  :D :D

I think Red Bull could be running the show in a decade or so. The whole damn thing.

Lets see till 2016 Mr. Vintly, till 2016  >:D >:D
Keep running the fast cars, you will be never out of girls

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle