collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 553
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Spa 1961  (Read 4830 times)

Offline cosworth151

Spa 1961
« on: July 28, 2013, 04:38:56 PM »
Here's a little something to help with the three week wait until the next race at Spa. This was the 1961 edition of the race, on the old, 8 mile long circuit.

“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline F1fanaticBD

Re: Spa 1961
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2013, 07:01:24 PM »
They don't have the Masta kink anymore  :'( :'(
Keep running the fast cars, you will be never out of girls

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2013, 05:03:08 AM »
The Masta kink was really almost a chicane, a quick left-right at the entrance to Masta Village. It isn't in the video really except for a few shots of cars that seem headed down a straight directly at a 2 or 3 story house. Sir Jackie once said he was sure he could do a faster lap by breathing the throttle there to settle the car, but it was a macho thing to be able to say you went through it flat.
Lonny

Offline d-type

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2013, 03:37:30 PM »
I might have an opinion on this, but I gather I'm not welcome here.
Duncan Rollo

The more you learn, the more you realise how little you know.

Offline Wizzo

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2013, 07:23:47 PM »
D-type, everyone is welcome at GPW. You won't find a friendlier bunch of F1 fans on the web. Stick around and you will soon have a set of International friends.

Wiz
"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

GPWizard F1 Forum https://www.gpwizard.co.uk
:wizard:
Wizzo

Offline Dare

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2013, 07:40:51 PM »
I've drove the old Spa circuit hundred's of times in
Grand Prix Legends[my all time favorite]it's a great
old course :good:

A few on here have played Grand Prix Legends and it's
the hardest race game ever :o What's great is seeing the
old tracks as they once were :good:try Nurburgring without
crashing.

http://www.amazon.com/Grand-Prix-Legends-Pc/dp/B000062VQK
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Ian

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2013, 07:45:12 PM »
d-type, we all have different opinions on here but nobody ever gets slated off for them, as Wiz said, you won't find a friendlier bunch anywhere else on the web. The only one to watch out for is Scott, our very own yodelling Swiss-Canadian, he likes to line hotel rooms with chicken feathers, don't ask me why as he has sworn me to secrecy.
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2013, 10:54:22 PM »
The only one to watch out for is Scott, our very own yodelling Swiss-Canadian, he likes to line hotel rooms with chicken feathers, don't ask me why as he has sworn me to secrecy.

:DD :DD :DD :DD Ian never misses a chance  :DD :DD :DD

Offline Dare

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2013, 11:10:26 PM »
The only one to watch out for is Scott, our very own yodelling Swiss-Canadian, he likes to line hotel rooms with chicken feathers, don't ask me why as he has sworn me to secrecy.

:DD :DD :DD :DD Ian never misses a chance  :DD :DD :DD

BD,there's a reason God created a Isle away from
everyone else
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline d-type

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2013, 12:30:47 PM »
d-type, we all have different opinions on here but nobody ever gets slated off for them, as Wiz said, you won't find a friendlier bunch anywhere else on the web. The only one to watch out for is Scott, our very own yodelling Swiss-Canadian, he likes to line hotel rooms with chicken feathers, don't ask me why as he has sworn me to secrecy.
You may say that but the response to my first posting on this forum, on the Quiz thread, was not exactly welcoming - although to say it was slating would be a bit strong.
While there have been some reassuring comments there has been nothing from  @lkjohnson1950
« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 02:17:08 PM by d-type »
Duncan Rollo

The more you learn, the more you realise how little you know.

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2013, 05:59:35 PM »
If you expect me to apologize for a comment that did not use your screen name or was even remotely directed at you, not gonna happen. If you browse some of the threads, you will find a bunch of zingers and insults, all in good fun, which we all dish out and accept with good humor. There are a number of fun, funny, smart people on this forum and I assure you, you will enjoy your stay if you choose to do so. The post was purely an expression of surprise directed at the community at large.
Lonny

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2013, 07:31:05 PM »
I agree with Lonny completely, as because he never intended to make mockery out of anybody with that. I also agree with Ian as well because here we don't make things personal, we respect each other, understand each other because we have undiluted love & passion for motorsports particularly F1.

Offline Scott

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2013, 12:13:06 PM »
Chicken feathers and maple syrup...rings a bell, but I was probably drunk, so Ian might remember it better.   :o :tease: :tease:
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle