collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 86
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16178 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
13016 Posts
John S John S
11293 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Red Bull boss fuming at Webber's start problems  (Read 3071 times)

Offline Dare

Re: Red Bull boss fuming at Webber's start problems
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2013, 01:52:36 AM »
I think Mclaren is the only team with a fair playing
field for the drivers.It's probably cost a few of their
drivers the WDC.I thought Mercedes were the same
at the start of the season but with the latest Lewis
praising from the head honchos I don't now.
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2013, 10:31:48 AM »
I think Mclaren is the only team with a fair playing
field for the drivers.It's probably cost a few of their
drivers the WDC.I thought Mercedes were the same
at the start of the season but with the latest Lewis
praising from the head honchos I don't now.

I think Lewis has been having an Alonso effect at Merc, getting more out of the car than should really be possible. The pole lap at spa is a good example of that, why even Lewis himself was surprised he got it. Add to this his win in Hungary, making passes at critical times to keep his nose in front.

It's really multi WDC Lauda who is leading the choir of praise for Lewis, now that's not suprising seeing how he claimed the credit for bringing him to the team.  ;)

I would add Williams to the level playing field list for drivers, there's an anecdote about Frank insisting that two engines be placed on the floor in plain sight, he then asked his sparring drivers to toss a coin to decide the choice.  :D 

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

vintly

« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2013, 02:56:12 PM »
If the bosses praise one driver because of something he did on track, does that mean they favour him over the other? I don't think so, it's common sense to praise a driver for doing well, it's good for morale and gets the other driver focussed. Doesn't mean there's necessarily favouritism going on. We should take more things at face value, and not over-analyse everything quite so much, as fun as it is sometimes.

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2013, 06:44:09 PM »
When a driver ignores team orders and gets off scot free, that's favoritism. When the car is designed so one driver is comfortable and the other is hampered, that's favoritism.
Lonny

vintly

« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2013, 11:04:25 PM »
Hard to argue with that, but it's not a level playing field. Ignoring team orders - true - Seb would sell his grandma for a point, and yes he got away with it. I accept he is favoured, being the better driver, who gets most of the points, and happens to be an almost shoe-in for the WDC - again. If you were a designer or team principle, would you compromise your team's potential by equally favouring the slower, older, soon-to-be-quitting, non-champ? I'm just saying a certain level of favouritism is inevitable, and makes good sense.

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2013, 03:59:50 AM »
Hard to argue with that, but it's not a level playing field. Ignoring team orders - true - Seb would sell his grandma for a point, and yes he got away with it. I accept he is favoured, being the better driver, who gets most of the points, and happens to be an almost shoe-in for the WDC - again. If you were a designer or team principle, would you compromise your team's potential by equally favouring the slower, older, soon-to-be-quitting, non-champ? I'm just saying a certain level of favouritism is inevitable, and makes good sense.

In 2010, in the last race, Mark Webber was the leading in points for Red Bull, not Sebastian, and yet Mark was the one used to decoy Alonso to handover the WDC to Vettel. There was no question of Constructor's Championship as RBR had already secured it. Then in which ground did RBR choose Vettel over Mark? Obviously someone influential in the team had taken such decision, so Vettel was being favored even before he was a WDC. Ferrari may be shrewd, manipulating and have favoritism from FIA & Bernie, but atleast they are honest when it comes to driver preference, not pretending to be fair to each of them, while clearly giving heads up to a certain individual.

Honestly I love the RBR team, its journey for the last 10 year is nothing short of a fairytale. From a corporate slow-mobile of Ford, with Midas touch of Christian Horner & Adrian Newey it has become the ultimate team to beat. Sebastian did played his part for achieving the accolades, but his constant nagging, on & off field childish behavior and his arrogance is undermining the achievement of RBR as a whole.
Keep running the fast cars, you will be never out of girls

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2013, 04:28:25 AM »
Well Said!!  :good: :good: :good:
Lonny

Offline Scott

« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2013, 08:42:11 AM »

Honestly I love the RBR team, its journey for the last 10 year is nothing short of a fairytale. From a corporate slow-mobile of Ford, with Midas touch of Christian Horner & Adrian Newey it has become the ultimate team to beat. Sebastian did played his part for achieving the accolades, but his constant nagging, on & off field childish behavior and his arrogance is undermining the achievement of RBR as a whole.

Right on!   :good: :good:
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

vintly

« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2013, 04:13:32 PM »

In 2010, in the last race, Mark Webber was the leading in points for Red Bull, not Sebastian, and yet Mark was the one used to decoy Alonso to handover the WDC to Vettel. There was no question of Constructor's Championship as RBR had already secured it. Then in which ground did RBR choose Vettel over Mark? Obviously someone influential in the team had taken such decision, so Vettel was being favored even before he was a WDC. Ferrari may be shrewd, manipulating and have favoritism from FIA & Bernie, but atleast they are honest when it comes to driver preference, not pretending to be fair to each of them, while clearly giving heads up to a certain individual.

In 2010 at the last race, Alonso was too cautious off the line, thinking all he had to do was shadow Webber. Jenson stuck one up him on the inside into turn one, as I recall, and the race went to pot for Alonso and Webber.

Decoy Alonso to hand the race to Vettel? Internet conspiracy special!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle