collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 542
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16159 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11276 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: 2014 car looks OK to me  (Read 2014 times)

Offline Monty

2014 car looks OK to me
« on: January 22, 2014, 01:42:33 PM »
Pictures of the new FIF1 car have been released and I think the appearance of the car looks OK. The low nose looks good, the wings do not look significantly different/smaller than earlier cars.... in general it looks like a racing car!

Offline cosworth151

Re: 2014 car looks OK to me
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2014, 02:16:48 PM »
Can't wait to see a front-on view of one of the new cars, to see how the newly re-sized wings look. I also wan to see if the new droop-snoot looks as bad as some of the drawings.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Irisado

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2014, 02:32:13 PM »
I thought that too Monty, but read a bit further down about the possible changes to that nose section in the BBC's article about the new Force India car.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/25842953

The colour scheme looks pretty impressive though.  That car will certainly stand out on the grid.
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline batman01

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2014, 04:19:25 PM »
Love that livery  :good:
"I will always choose a lazy person to do a difficult job, because he will find an easy way to do it." -- Bill Gates

Offline Dare

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2014, 04:49:25 PM »
Looks ok to me but I don't like
FI's new livery
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2014, 06:42:42 PM »
I will be honest with you people, and this picture tells you almost nothing new, that you already don't know. You could not get much details about the nose, or the exhaust, or the anything about how the air will flow through its bottom. Its just a picture to show its major sponsors, and I think that is the only thing it does.

As I have always been a vocal supporter of functionality/capability over aesthetics, I could not bother much about its livery. Livery never gives you wins or points, unfortunately.
Keep running the fast cars, you will be never out of girls

Offline Dare

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2014, 10:56:02 PM »
Livery is everything BD,what if Ferrari switched
to pink cars this year?Ther'd be a riot in Italy,a big one ;)
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2014, 11:50:17 PM »
Ferrari has entered blue and white cars in F1 through NART in the past.
Lonny

Offline Dare

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2014, 12:21:14 AM »
Back in the 60's when different Racing Teams owned Lotus's,
BRM.s,Masarati,etc.not now and no Italian Ferrari will ever be
not red again

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2014, 05:20:35 AM »
Never say never! The NART entry was prompted by legal issues Ferrari was facing in the US, a situation that could certainly arise again. I also wonder if a big enough bag of cash might not be able to sway even the Scuderia.
Lonny

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2014, 07:58:56 AM »
Livery is everything BD,what if Ferrari switched
to pink cars this year?Ther'd be a riot in Italy,a big one ;)

If that pink Ferrari beats every other car in the grid, believe me it will be among the best Ferrari's that I will remember forever. As Ross Brawn once, "If it wins me the race, it is the most beautiful machine"

Offline Monty

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2014, 09:23:51 AM »
and this picture tells you almost nothing new

I do not agree. The side-on or 'silhouette' view is what we will see most and I think the this picture shows that the cars have a sleek and purposeful look.
If I'm honest, I do not worry greatly about the look of the cars but I didn't like the days when winglets sprouted from every surface, I was never a great lover of the very high nose and I truly hated the stepped nose.

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2014, 09:35:18 AM »
My dear friend Monty, this is sort of image that will tell you not only a lot about the car itself, but also the area where the teams will rage their developmental war in the future. And even though there is no livery in car, I still prefer this image than the former.

P.S : We are waiting V  ;)

vintly

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2014, 09:55:46 AM »
From an aesthetic point of view I think all modern F1 cars are a bit ugly and contrived, not that I care what they look like particularly. But I'm with BD on this one. The fastest car is always looks good.

Still I like to appraise any aesthetic, don't we all? For me this Force India livery is awful. Green orange white red black blue - ick.

Offline Scott

« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2014, 11:36:27 AM »
The trade-off between advertising space and aero is sometimes a shame (still hate the side view of those big ugly rear wings), but it is what it is, and I'm happy with the downturned nose much more than the upturned version.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle