collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 587
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16159 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11276 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Martini back with Williams!  (Read 1489 times)

Offline Vince

Martini back with Williams!
« on: February 13, 2014, 01:34:23 PM »
Just heard that the Williams team have announced their new title sponsor as being Martini... I believe that the car isn't going to be launched in its racing colours until just before the Oz GP, however I can't wait to see it! Martini was with Brabham and Lotus and more recently with Ferrari with a small logo on the nose... I think that the new team name is going to be 'Williams Martini Racing'.

The lead car is unique, except for the one behind it which is identical.
Murray Walker

Offline Scott

Re: Martini back with Williams!
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2014, 02:10:29 PM »
Why thank you bartender, I'll have a Williams Martini.  Shaken, not stirred.   ;)

I remember Claire said in Brazil that they would be making a new major sponsor announcement shortly.  Ok, it wasn't exactly shortly, but I'll take it.

Great for Williams...now everyone go out and buy a bottle to support them.   :yahoo: :yahoo:
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2014, 05:34:22 PM »
Except for the fact that it emerged into a merchandising website (which was promptly removed once it got viral) there is nothing to it at all, which to me seems very odd. Martini's comeback will always be appreciated, so why is this hush-hush from Williams  :DntKnw:.

That Martini livery has always been a treasured heritage across motorsports, if they have an announcement they should made it public, and rejoice the wave of appreciation. Unveiling this one in Melbourne seems to me a waste of PR opportunity that the team could have capitalized in this pre-season time.

In terms of Ian's language it means this (I am sure the dresses will be much more skimpy  ;)  )

« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 05:57:46 PM by F1fanaticBD »
Keep running the fast cars, you will be never out of girls

Offline Ian

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2014, 07:01:05 PM »
I'm counting on it BD.  :P  ::)
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline Irisado

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2014, 02:37:33 PM »
I thought Pierluigi Martini was making a comeback when I saw the title of this thread!

More seriously, this would be that piece of big news that Claire Williams didn't want to tell the BBC then. I really don't understand why it has taken so long to announce it, but I hope that it comes to fruition.
Soņando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

vintly

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2014, 04:30:33 PM »
On one hand I'm glad Williams have a sponsor, but on the other hand I couldn't care less who sponsors who, as long as it puts cars on the grid.

Offline Dare

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2014, 04:41:55 PM »
On one hand I'm glad Williams have a sponsor, but on the other hand I couldn't care less who sponsors who, as long as it puts cars on the grid.

agreed
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2014, 05:34:42 AM »
A couple of writers say this whole rumor is based on a rendering in an ad for an F1 gear shop. The admen put in a shirt with Williams and Martini logos with apparently no confirmation from either was true.

:DntKnw: :DntKnw: :DntKnw:
Lonny

vintly

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2014, 10:50:22 AM »
I saw that pic via Twiter. In the foreground was a Mercedes / Lewis Hamilton cap, but in the regular baseball-cap style that he flat-refused to wear last year. Didn't lend the image a great deal of authority...

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2014, 11:42:37 PM »

F1fanatic website are showing a screenshot from the 'OnPole' merchandise site, the other gear featured looks kosher to me but make your own minds up.

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2014/02/12/f1-fanatic-round-1202/

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Scott

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2014, 05:53:59 PM »
I thought Lewis didn't like the turquoise Petronas on his hat, or at least not how they had done it.  Anyhow, looking at that F1Fanatic post, I would say it lends credibility to the Martini branding, they didn't accidentally put a Williams shirt in there, especially one with the wrong branding.  I suspect they just put it in early.  I can't seem to make out the other sponsors on that screenshot, but I guess they are current.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2014, 07:33:30 PM »

F1fanatic website are showing a screenshot from the 'OnPole' merchandise site, the other gear featured looks kosher to me but make your own minds up.

If you follow that link now, you will see that the Williams shirt has been pulled and replaced with a second Mercedes shirt in the On Pole ad. DOH!!
Lonny

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2014, 08:21:54 PM »

If you follow that link now, you will see that the Williams shirt has been pulled and replaced with a second Mercedes shirt in the On Pole ad. DOH!!

It's worse than that there is no Williams clothing products at all now at the on pole site, not even previous year's gear. So it seems steps have been taken by someone. ????

Team apparel has to be produced in advance of the season and since the start is not far away product will surely already have been shipped by suppliers. Still we'll have to wait and see.

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle