collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 173
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16178 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
13016 Posts
John S John S
11293 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Montoya  (Read 981 times)

Offline J.Clark

Montoya
« on: April 28, 2014, 08:45:02 PM »
I was at the Indy GP of Alabama this past weekend.  I volunteer there each year for that event.  It is good - work two shifts - get in free for the weekend - they feed breakfast and lunch on the days you work and I get to camp at the track free as well.  Volunteer badge gets me into everyplace except pit lane when it is hot.

I was in the garage area checking out Penske's cars, one of which is Montoya's.  In the corner of my eye I spot someone coming out of the trailer a few feet from me.  It was none-other than Juan Pablo.  I said his name and as I turned to approach him (no one else was there so he would not have been swarmed by a crowd) he turned and ducked back into the trailer.

Some things never change.  He is still the same prima-dona he was at McLaren.  "Fan friendly" is not a term one can use in the same sentence with his name.

The race was delayed by severe thunder storms for a while.  When they got it going, it didn't take long for a dry line to appear.   When they put on the soft dry tires, Juan was pushing through the field and had worked his way up to fourth when he lost it and spun onto the beach at turn 11 - the crowd along the fence there was cheering (over his misfortune) and he ended up a lap down. :yahoo:
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 08:07:01 PM by J.Clark »

Life is short - live each day to the fullest.

Offline Scott

Re: Montoya
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2014, 09:31:05 PM »
Had a similar experience at a CART race in Vancouver many years ago...I was a CART scrutineer and had full access, Montoya walked within 6ft of me and when I smiled and approached him, he ducked into the tent by the pit wall.  Complete jerk.  Never liked him after that.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle