collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 637
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Cry baby Vettel thinks F1 has lost it's way  (Read 4784 times)

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
Cry baby Vettel thinks F1 has lost it's way
« on: May 05, 2014, 07:29:42 PM »
"The car does not know what I want" he simpers, oh poor soul.  :D         

You're supposed to tame the flipping car to get the performance Seb,  not have it respond to your every need like some house trained lap dog.  ::)  - Has Vettel lost the plot????? 
 Oh and for your info Seb I'd like an Aston DB9, fat chance I'll get one though  :( - that's just the breaks Seb baby.  :P 

Sebastian Vettel has once again criticised the 'new' Formula One era, saying the sport has lost the essence of what made it popular before.

Speaking to German publication Focus, the four-time Drivers' Championship winner said that he doesn't have the same level of confidence in this season's cars.

"We are a sport that is famous for being loud and dangerous," the Red Bull driver told Focus.

"Compared to last season, this impression has diminished an awful lot.

"We run the risk of losing the essence of motor sports.

"I would prefer a V10 or V12 with 1000 horse power - lots of power.

"I would like to drive cars that are as fast as they can be - I need to feel as though I am taming a dragon or a beast.

"The car does not know what I want, under braking and in the corners I have an absolute lack of confidence."

Planetf1.com, Today.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 07:31:14 PM by John S »

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline F1fanaticBD

Re: Cry baby Vettel thinks F1 has lost it's way
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2014, 08:17:51 PM »
Just ask Hamilton, and you will know how to drive it Seb  :P
Keep running the fast cars, you will be never out of girls

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2014, 08:19:01 PM »
I like that the current power units are difficult to drive.  Separating the proverbial boys from men.

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2014, 01:12:36 AM »
I have to agree with him, crap engines on crap tracks.  :sick:
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline J.Clark

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2014, 11:36:22 AM »
"Crap engines on crap tracks" may be true, but a real race car driver drives what he is given, in the circumstances presented and does it well.

Seb is not doing any of that.  Instead, he is whining about the car he was given to drive for 2014.  Perhaps he should go to ALMS, Indy or NASCAR.  :DD
Life is short - live each day to the fullest.

Offline Monty

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2014, 01:23:20 PM »
The engines are not crap and only some of the tracks are crap.
The tyres are definitely crap and some of the drivers are crappier than others.
Seb is sounding so lame. He had two seasons where his car was clearly the best on track. Now he has a slightly inferior car he is bleating in public.
He can hardly blame everything on the car when his team mate is beating him in every race!

Offline J.Clark

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2014, 02:50:25 PM »
Bottom line - he doesn't sound like a World Champion of even ONE season, let alone multiple seasons.
Life is short - live each day to the fullest.

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2014, 05:55:40 PM »
Bottom line - he doesn't sound like a World Champion of even ONE season, let alone multiple seasons.

He is a great champion when he is winning, because then he shows his wit and intelligence, but he is not, he is really pathetic, his acts tends to become more and more childish. So yeah when he is not winning he is exactly the guy J.C said above.
Keep running the fast cars, you will be never out of girls

Offline Scott

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2014, 06:04:39 PM »
Hmmm, Vintly has yet to weigh in on this one and defend his guy...I'll have to remind him when I see him tomorrow night in Barcelona  :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:  Train to the airport just after lunch.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2014, 06:19:10 PM »
"We are a sport that is famous for being loud and dangerous," the Red Bull driver told Focus.

"We run the risk of losing the essence of motor sports."

I think it's an accurate but rather mild description of what's going on in F1this season. I'm just glad he's pointing out the obvious about the Emperor's New Clothes.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2014, 08:05:35 PM »

I think it's an accurate but rather mild description of what's going on in F1this season. I'm just glad he's pointing out the obvious about the Emperor's New Clothes.

There is a fear that to avoid mounting concussion related lawsuits, the NFL (American Football) will change it's rules to make the sport safer for the participants, that interest in the sport will wane, and the multibillion dollar football industry will collapse.

Formula 1 faces a similar dillema:  to remain relevant as a 'top' motosport they must continue to innovate, yet to to remain relevant as a spectacle, they must be deafening.  If they can't find that fine line soon, then that will be the end of F1.

Offline Irisado

« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2014, 09:44:11 PM »

I think that he's only complaining because he's not winning and Renault have dropped the ball regarding engine development.  Vettel wouldn't care at all if he had won all the races this season and the car was doing what he wanted.

He needs to get the car to do what he wants and work with his team to improve it instead of giving sour grapes interviews to the German media.  Ricciardo's not complaining and he has the same equipment.
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2014, 06:40:46 AM »
Seb has been quick to blame the car even in championship seasons when he cannot find the speed. Newey has said that Seb is hard to work with because he won't try new things set up wise. I will cut him a bit of slack in case Marko is right and his car has hidden damage. But if he continues to be beaten by Danny and whines his way through this weekend, then the fault is with Seb. There were some drivers who could not adapt to the loss of down force when F1 went from Ground Effects cars to flat bottom cars years ago. Perhaps he is one of them.
Lonny

Offline Monty

« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2014, 11:03:32 AM »

Am I missing something? Since when has driving at almost 200mph been 'safe'. Yes the cars are not as loud - we will all get used to it.
Yes the tracks have more run-off areas but many have achieved this without compromising the driving challenge.
There is so much BS about how the changes have made F1 worse. F1 has been awful for a number of years. If anything, this year is an improvement. This may or may not be due to the changes in regulations but it is ridiculous to say that the new cars are 'worse' than previous years, they are just different.
You all know my views - the main problem is the tyres but I also disagree with the fuel restriction. Whatever chassis / engine regs we have to live with, at least let the drivers 'ring the neck' of what they are given i.e. use as much power as possible for the whole race and on tyres that will survive ten tenths racing.

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2014, 02:59:41 PM »

I think that he's only complaining because he's not winning and Renault have dropped the ball regarding engine development.  Vettel wouldn't care at all if he had won all the races this season and the car was doing what he wanted.

He needs to get the car to do what he wants and work with his team to improve it instead of giving sour grapes interviews to the German media.  Ricciardo's not complaining and he has the same equipment.

We do need to take any F1 'report' done during a three week break with a grain of salt.  Without on track action to write about, 'reporters' are forced to ask the drivers all kinds of assinine questions in order to have something to say.

I doubt that Vettel was calling all the magazines looking for someone to complain to, but probably asked a set of leading questions.  If the reporters are bored, then a true racer must be going bonkers with so much time spent not racing.  His guard might be down, and saying things that he might believe, but would normally say more dimploatically.  (The cars are slow, but we're improving.  The noise is different, but difference is the spice of life etc.)

Perhaps the true tragedy is that F1 racers no longer race in their spare time

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle