collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 309
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: No more border control in the EU?  (Read 4338 times)

Offline Scott

No more border control in the EU?
« on: May 13, 2014, 02:08:09 PM »
I mentioned it in Shout, but the more I think about it, I am really shocked that I flew fron Geneva to Barcelona and back, and the only passport/ID control was leaving Switzerland.  Even my return to Switzerland had nothing.  The only place in Spain I needed ID was to check into my hotel.

Did they pass a new law I'm not aware of?  I know it is easy to drive through borders in Europe without being asked for anything, but that was my first experience when flying.

The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Ian

Re: No more border control in the EU?
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2014, 02:19:03 PM »
Milan Linate airport was like that Scott back in 2010, a quick glance in my hand luggage and not even a glance at my passport. Oh what great memories of that weekend Scott.  :yahoo:  :yahoo:  :yahoo:
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2014, 03:52:31 PM »
These are the privileges you get as Veteran GPW member  ;) There are few more, but those are only for younger,unmarried ones like me  ;)
Keep running the fast cars, you will be never out of girls

Offline Ian

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2014, 04:07:36 PM »
 :DD  :DD  :DD  :DD

Offline Irisado

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2014, 04:00:46 PM »
Did they pass a new law I'm not aware of?  I know it is easy to drive through borders in Europe without being asked for anything, but that was my first experience when flying.

No, it's all part of the Schengen Agreement, which as you will know also includes some non EU member states, such as Switzerland.  The UK, incidentally, opts out of Schengen, so you would need your passport to come here.
Soņando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline Nodonher

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2014, 09:48:29 AM »

No, it's all part of the Schengen Agreement, which as you will know also includes some non EU member states, such as Switzerland.  The UK, incidentally, opts out of Schengen, so you would need your passport to come here.

Ye exactly. Funny thing is, when Europeans come to the UK they're like, 'what? I need my passport?'

Offline Ian

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2014, 02:21:13 PM »
The most stringent customs gate I've been through was London City Airport on my way to Italy, the customs lady went through everything, took out all my vouchers for Monza and my hotel, I even had to open some chewing gums and chew them in front of her, but for all that she was very professional and pleasant with it, even apologised for how long it took, I just said, "That's ok, I feel very safe getting on that plane now."

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2014, 06:45:03 PM »
The most stringent customs gate I've been through was London City Airport on my way to Italy, the customs lady went through everything, took out all my vouchers for Monza and my hotel, I even had to open some chewing gums and chew them in front of her, but for all that she was very professional and pleasant with it, even apologised for how long it took, I just said, "That's ok, I feel very safe getting on that plane now."

I wonder what she was actually looking for  ;)

Offline Ian

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2014, 06:53:00 PM »
Now now BD, I went to Monza purely for the racing and the atmosphere, didn't even have a lot of beer.  :P

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2014, 07:17:00 AM »
Now now BD, I went to Monza purely for the racing and the atmosphere, didn't even have a lot of beer.  :P

I don't think Scott will agree with that  ;)

I think the lady was so attracted to Ian, she could not let go this supermodel of GPW, and ensured she spent as much time possibile with this hunk. I have a feeling Ian is hiding certain details under the rug, for his own safety  :D

Offline Scott

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2014, 10:29:29 AM »

I don't think Scott will agree with that  ;)

Actually, I can vouch for Ian.  Only that episode with the feathers...oh forgot! I'm under a gag order on that one  ;)

Offline Ian

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2014, 01:58:16 PM »
 :DD Er Scott, you gagged me if you'll remember rightly.  :tease:

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2014, 06:24:24 PM »
Whenever you two mention feather and the subsequent hush hush type of posts, this is the image that comes to my mind

Offline Scott

« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2014, 07:08:07 PM »
I don't know...were there girls there too Ian?  (Security just handed him over to me you know...)

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2014, 04:51:21 PM »
I don't know...were there girls there too Ian?  (Security just handed him over to me you know...)

So you are not denying the fact that your dignity was only covered with pillows  :o  :swoon:

No wonder you two could not stop talking about it  ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle