collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 612
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Lewis to apologise?  (Read 1077 times)

vintly

Lewis to apologise?
« on: May 29, 2014, 11:11:35 AM »
And no I don't mean to Nico. Lewis seems to have added to his list of detractors, by upsetting the councillors of his home town Stevenage.

http://www.pitpass.com/51704/Stevenage-councillors-unhappy-with-Hamiltons-comments

Saying Stevenage was 'not a great place' at least once over the weekend, surely demands a response from the town, and they've done just that. Oops - you've done it again Lewis.

I'm hoping in Canada there's a slow wheel-change or something that messes up Lewis' race and allows Nico to win another. I prefer Lewis when he's seriously upset, much more interesting.  >:D

Offline Scott

Re: Lewis to apologise?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2014, 11:35:34 AM »
Can't make anyone happy.  He insulted Nico's family, who regularly had him along in Monaco etc, and of course insulting your childhood home is never good, mind you in the article one of the councillors mentions that Lewis and his family were in one of Stevenage's more posh areas, living in a Ģ1m property even before Lewis was in F1.  Well, it's all relative, isn't it?  Poor Lewis.   :crazy: :crazy:
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Monty

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2014, 11:52:54 AM »
OUTRAGED!
I used to live in Stevenage, just about a mile from the Hamiltons. To say that Stevenage is not a great place when compared to Monaco is outrageous.
He needs to gets his facts right.
Stevenage is a truly awful place when compared to Monaco.
As a low cost New Town it is OK but compared to Monaco it is about as bad as you could imagine.
I should think the average house price in Stevenage would be less than the cost of a two week stay in the Monte Carlo Hotel. Average annual earnings in Stevenage probably  wouldn't  cover the cost of Keke Rosberg's local drinks bill for a week.
In short; there is no comparison!
 :crazy: :fool:

By the way, the Hamiltons only moved to Tewin when Hamilton was already successful. I very much doubt the house cost Ģ1million and if I remember correctly they could only afford to move there because Anthony sold his small computer business.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 12:00:00 PM by monty »

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2014, 03:18:31 PM »
I think they need to understand that Lewis is following a script.  He's trying to be the underdog, and an underdog can't grow up in a nice neighbourhood!  He very carefully didn't say the town by name.

If anyone bothered to press the point, he'd probably say that the town was great, of course, but he was just unlucky with his school chums or something.  (At which point his school chums will come out of the woodwork, and he'll backpedal more...)

Offline Irisado

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2014, 08:42:12 PM »
Stevenage new town is an awful place.  I've been there regularly, so I have first hand experience of just how grotty it is.  On this point, I thus agree with Hamilton.  He's entitled to his opinion.  In fact, much of North Hertfordshire leaves much to be desired these days.

Incidentally, Hamilton used to be a student at a language centre where I worked, but that was a few years before I worked there.
Soņando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle