collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 567
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Brazil World Cup 2014  (Read 3805 times)

Offline gato

Brazil World Cup 2014
« on: June 22, 2014, 02:59:21 PM »
Hi all,
Have you enjoyed Brazil World Cup 2014 football games? I have watched many games and there has been many surprises, perhaps the biggest one that Spain dropped and Costa Rica is still there. What are your favourite teams there? I support Italy and Uruguay because Spain is not there any more. The winner 2014 is Brazil and Neymar does the last goal.

La macchina e´ bella quando quella vincerà. (The car is beautiful when it wins)
- Enzo Ferrari

Offline Scott

Re: Brazil World Cup 2014
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2014, 04:26:22 PM »
What about England?  Surely that was a surprise.   |-( |-( |-(  Too bad the Swiss got slaughtered 6:2 the other day.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Ian

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2014, 05:08:08 PM »
Pah football, watched the England games, don't know why I bothered, patriotism I suppose, won't watch any more, not into football at all.
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2014, 06:44:07 PM »
+1. 88 minutes of guys standing around and 2 minutes of some idiot screaming goal!!!!  BAH!
Lonny

Offline Ian

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2014, 07:31:25 PM »
Footballs a girlie game anyway, give me rugby union anyday.
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2014, 08:00:48 PM »
+1. 88 minutes of guys standing around and 2 minutes of some idiot screaming goal!!!!  BAH!

Well it beats having three attempts to move a yard or two, ::) with time for cigarette breaks in between.  :tease:

Not by much though, I grant you, so I tend to avoid both.  :D

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2014, 01:34:15 AM »
Haven't watched our football for awhile either. Pros don't have enough offense and colleges don't have a real championship, sooo. I'll take racing. I also like Baseball/softball as they combine strategy and teamwork, while providing a 1 on 1 battle as well. Just wish the D'Backs were run by someone competent.
Lonny

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2014, 07:47:15 AM »
Count me in gato, it has been a tremendous tournament and I am treated with exceptional top notch football every other day. The knockout stage is knocking at the door, and it will get more and more exciting.

For me the biggest thing of this world cup is Costa Rica reaching the next round, while making England exit earliest possible fashion (and that being done without even playing with them) and getting win against Uruguay & Italy. I think this sort of fairy tale story that makes the world cup so special.

A little thanks to Scott, because every now and then I keep boasting to my friends that I have a friend who takes coffee with Sepp Blatter (The Bernie of Football world) and people will give all sort of expression of disbelief, jealousy while a few questions my sanity. Thanks Scotty  :-* its really fun  :D
Keep running the fast cars, you will be never out of girls

Offline gato

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2014, 07:43:30 PM »
Hi F1FanaticBD, I agree with you about Costa Rica's fantastic games! :D Today the game was 0-0 vs. England and Costa Rica is number one of their own group. Who would never think this before the tournament?? Tonight I watched Italy-Uruguay game where Uruguay was better 1-0. It was my happy day :yahoo:. The game itself was rather "broken": lots of breaks when players were lying at the field and there were lots of yellow cards. But this is football...I look forward next week when real games begin!
- Enzo Ferrari

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2014, 08:55:02 PM »
Been an avid World cup football fan since 1994, and I must say I haven't seen this much of enthusiastic, brilliant football in world cup stage in the last 20 years. It has been one brilliant show of absolute football..

Wishing you all the best for the rest of the tournament gato  :good:

Offline Scott

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2014, 05:38:53 PM »
A betting man likely would have lost some big money so far...wonder how Vintly's holding up?  ;) ;)
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2014, 08:30:33 PM »
A betting man likely would have lost some big money so far...wonder how Vintly's holding up?  ;) ;)

I just hope he was not rooting for England while placing his bets  :D

Offline gato

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2014, 08:39:51 PM »
Been an avid World cup football fan since 1994, and I must say I haven't seen this much of enthusiastic, brilliant football in world cup stage in the last 20 years. It has been one brilliant show of absolute football..

Wishing you all the best for the rest of the tournament gato  :good:
Thanks for your wishes! :D For sure I have enjoyed all those games I have seen...Yesterday it was very weird and dramatic game between Uruguay-Italy. Suarez became mad and bit an italian player. I wonder why the referee didn't give him red card! >:( It can be possible that he is banned 2 years away from football fields when the case is later in
FIFA's hand. Tonight I watched Argentina-Nigeria game and it was very exciting, also full of speed. Messi saved Argentina and they continue again. You have been long time football fan, my world cup "career" started when I followed in 1978 World cup games from Argentina. The winner was Argentina and Maradona was the unforgettable player of the tournament. Wishing you happy moments with Brazil 2014 games! :good:
- Enzo Ferrari

vintly

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2014, 11:53:26 AM »

:) heheh I don't bet on football - don't have a feel for it, it's just guesswork so might as well flip a coin. I did fill in a predictions spreadsheet though! So far from the first 44 games I've got 23 correct results, with only one correct scoreline (Ghana 1 - 2 USA). I've got Germany beating Italy in the final, so that ain't gonna happen.

I can only be bothered to watch the odd big game of football, and don't follow a team. The England slide continues - pathetic. But the World Cup is different for me - every game is a big game and the vibe of the crowds is fantastic. Watch as much as possible. Good to see Nigeria through, maybe Ghana can join them tonight? I like to see African teams do well, its about time, and of course Brazil, gotta wish them well.

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2014, 01:08:04 PM »
From 1978  :swoon: :swoon: You must be very fond of Maradonna, because you have seen him rise, conquer and sadly fall in the way that only he can. Been watching since 1990 ( I was just 5 then  :D) and still remember Argentina - Italy Semi-finals and Paolo Maldini's distraught face, for me one of the iconic pictures of 1990 World Cup.

The amount enthusiasm this world generate in my country is almost compared to none. The extent of passion is that much that we have around 5 confirmed death related to this tournament, either suicide because Spain could not qualify to second stage or Brazil was almost knocked out in the penalty shoot-out. During the match the country comes to a stand-still, and people support the Brazil & Argentina like fanatic to say the least.

Costa - Rica's dream run continues, enjoy the game  :good:

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle