collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 588
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: THE RED ARROWS  (Read 4456 times)

davewilson

THE RED ARROWS
« on: March 02, 2007, 07:26:26 AM »
THE RED ARROWS - SIGN-UP TO SAVE THE FAMOUS AEROBATIC DISPLAY TEAM

The Red Arrows are a traditional part of the British Grand Prix each year at Silverstone. Their stunning aerobatic display prior to the opening of the pit lane, half an hour before the start of the race, truly captures the imagination and is part of BGP folklore.

A question mark hangs over the long-term future of The Red Arrows, and a petition has been opened where individuals can register on an official 'Downing Street' site to lobby for their future funding, and survival.

If you want to save them,sign the petition at:

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/SaveTheReds/

Deadline to sign up by:24/July/2007

Signatures:43,010

Silverstone, would not be the same without them!

The Stig

Offline Wizzo

Re: THE RED ARROWS
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2007, 09:31:26 AM »

Quite right too!

I've signed, Silverstone needs all the help it can get.
"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

GPWizard F1 Forum https://www.gpwizard.co.uk
:wizard:
Wizzo

davewilson

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2007, 04:07:57 PM »
I had an email from the Prime Minister today in response of the Red Arrows Petition.

Thank you for signing the petition on the No.10 website calling for the maintenance of the Red Arrows. It is a sign of the place they hold in the national affections that so many people have joined you in signing it - one of the highest numbers since the e-petition service began. That's why I wanted to reply personally. It's also why I am replying before the petition officially closes, in order to reassure people who are clearly concerned.

I am pleased to be able to give you good news. There are no plans to change the funding for the Red Arrows, let alone to disband them.

It is important, of course, that the MOD looks at the full range of its spending plans as part of its routine financial planning, to ensure that taxpayers' money is spent where our Armed Forces most need it. Obviously it is this review which prompted fears that the Red Arrows might be scrapped.

However, like you, the Government recognises just what an important role the Red Arrows play in our national life. As the world's premier aerobatic team, they have thrilled millions of spectators over many years. I was lucky enough to see their extraordinary skills myself only last year at the Farnborough Air Show.

More importantly, the Red Arrows have maintained public support for the Royal Air Force, encouraged recruitment, acted as ambassadors for Britain in the world and promoted British industry for many years. So I am pleased to assure you that this government fully intends to keep the Red Arrows flying.

Thank you for signing this petition, and I hope you get a chance to see the Red Arrows yourself soon.

Yours sincerely,
Tony Blair

Offline Ian

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2007, 07:14:41 PM »
Just signed too, funnily enough I got same thank you from our Tony  :sick:
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

davewilson

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2007, 09:00:43 PM »
Cant see what has made you so sick.I have only reported the email sent to me today on the subject,and passed it on

Offline Ian

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2007, 09:13:57 PM »
Only Mr Blair's sincere - insincerity Stig, totally agree with keeping the Red Arrows flying, they are the best in the world, bar none !  :yahoo:

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2007, 10:26:14 PM »
I'm glad to hear that the Red Arrows are safe. :yahoo: I've only seen them on TV, but they put on a great show.

I've mentioned before that I'm a member of a group that restores old warbirds, The Historic Aircraft Squadron. This is one of ours that might look familiar to you guys.

Cosworth
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Ian

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2007, 10:41:05 PM »
Cos, I work very near Biggin Hill and when the airshow is on the planes all fly over our depot, we've all sat out in the yard and watched them, it's deafening but brilliant 'cos their pretty low, sometimes you just hear the scream of jet engines but they've already disappeared, 4 minute warning, don't make me laugh

Offline Dare

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2007, 11:25:35 PM »
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Ian

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2007, 11:37:34 PM »
Brilliant Dare, too late tonite but I've got to watch every one of them, prefer to hear the jets rather than music but hey, you can't have everything can you. Cheers.  :good:

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2007, 11:47:18 PM »
Great vid, dare. That's what I call flying!

Know what you mean about the sound, Ian. At our Wings of Victory Airshow last year, we had a three-pass flyover by a B-1b. On the third pass, he came over slow with the wings extended. As he came over the field, he folded he wings, pointed the the nose up and hit the afterburners. All four pipes lit up bright orange and he viberated the ground so hard you could feel it through your shoes. He set off almost every car alarm in the parking field! It was awsome! :yahoo:
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Ian

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2007, 11:49:36 PM »
Sure is something else that noise ain't it, sort of sends your whole body into a shake

davewilson

« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2007, 08:38:05 AM »
Great video dare, and input from all,on this topic

Offline romephius

« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2007, 08:51:38 AM »
several years ago in the Army, I was fortunate enough to be standing on a landrover when an F-111 did a tree top camera pass right over my head.........he was barely sub-sonic....he then crossed for another pass barely above the trees from a different direction........was incredible...he tilted nose up to aviod a mountain on the second pass and we felt some of the heat from the afterburners he ignited as he was passing over us.......I will never forget that.

Rom

Offline Ian

« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2007, 12:13:53 PM »
Many years ago when I was in the building trade we were on the 3rd lift of the scaffolding of a house in a designated low flying area of Kent when 2 fighters screamed past on each others tails, the house we were working on was on top of a hill, the noise was unbelievable, the scaffold shook and while we were watching them practising their dogfighting one clipped the other plane and something flew off it, the other one was flying above and under the damaged plane and then he started jettisoning fuel, I have never got off a scaffold so quick in my life and into a trench. Neither of them crashed by the way.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle