collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 278
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16169 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
13005 Posts
John S John S
11287 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Heroes and Zeroes Hungary GP  (Read 3164 times)

Offline Scott

Heroes and Zeroes Hungary GP
« on: July 27, 2014, 05:08:16 PM »
Loved it.  Great action.  Who said Hungary is boring?

Heroes.

Ricciardo.  Gotta love the guy.  He raced the whole way, lady luck helped him with the 1st SC and he found himself in a position for a podium and then pushed on through for the win.  Vettel made a rookie mistake and paid for it with barely making top 10.  Anyone know what those pink sponge-like looking things he pulled from his suit in the pre-podium room?  Never seen that before.  :DntKnw:

Alonso.  Sound like I am repeating myself.  Again, took a car that shouldn't have been better than 5th or 6th (especially on the tires he had to baby through the last 10 laps) and managed the second step.  Brilliant.

Hamilton.  I had more faith than he apparently did.  Great job, even after some early moments.  Glad he was able to hold off Rosberg at the end, and really glad he didn't bother with those silly team orders earlier.  'Hey Lewis, would you mind moving over and letting Rosberg win the race?'...'um, no.'.  Good for him.

Zeroes:

Mclaren.  Only two cars on wets after the first SC, and that was Button and KMag.  What the heck?  Watch for someone to be carrying a cardboard box out of the Mclaren Tech building on Monday with all their belongings.  Really, really, bad move.  At least split the cars and give one of them slicks.

The rain.  Although technically a wet race, we could have had another soaking about 2/3 along the race to spice it up again.  Regardless, a great finish.

Mercedes.  For even suggesting that Lewis give up a place when Rosberg wasn't even in DRS range.  After all Lewis has been through, do they really think he's going to pull over and give up 2sec from his pace?  Buncha dreamers...funny thing is Merc didn't even need to issue those team orders.  Once Rosberg was closing on Hamilton, they simply should have pitted him for new tires and Rosberg would have caught up that much quicker and actually had a much better chance to pass Lewis and maybe even Alonso and Ricciardo.  Merc were boneheads.  Don't put the sweat on the drivers, you have yourself to blame.

Williams.  Kinda screwed up a good race for Bottas too.  I didn't actually see what happened, but either a lousy pit call or something must have gone wrong in the pits.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 07:01:02 PM by scott »

The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Wizzo

Re: Heroes and Zeroes Hungary GP
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2014, 06:00:58 PM »
Zeros:

1. Wizzo for having to bail out of the chat room (and the race) because he had 7 guests and couldn't hear or see the TV without being extremely rude.

2. The Guests! See above.

:(
"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

GPWizard F1 Forum https://www.gpwizard.co.uk
:wizard:
Wizzo

Offline Scott

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2014, 06:31:37 PM »
Loved the bit when Merc asked Nico not to use his brakes.  Best line of all was by Cosworth in chat 'Brakes are for sissies'  :DD :DD :DD

Add Cos to my hero list.  :good:

Offline Scott

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2014, 06:40:01 PM »
Another hero - Pirelli for even though they were race title sponsor in Hungary, they didn't insist on having the drivers presented with their logo instead of a proper trophy. 

Another couple of Zeros:  Santander again, just because I can still remember those stupid, ugly plastic logo's they made the drivers accept at the races they sponsored this year. 

Bernie, the FIA and all those whiners who are going to make me wait 4 freakin' weeks until the next race.  Get to work, you slackers!  You've got 4months off in winter, take your time off then.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 06:42:55 PM by scott »

Offline Ian

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2014, 07:18:34 PM »
Big hero, Lewis, pitlane to 3rd, superb. Did you read Lewis's mind ? Pitlane, "Lewis, let Nico through." Lewis, "Go forth and multiply." Then, "Oh no Mr Rosberg, you are not going round me on the outside." Love it.

Danny and Fernando both heroes.

Plus a great race.
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline Dare

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2014, 08:47:23 PM »
funny how a little wet adds action even to a
dull place like Hungry.

Drive of the day-Alonso,was hoping he'd hold on

my zero is Mercedes for even thinking of a team order,
I'm not a Lewis fan but this nonsense is plain wrong.

big hero Danny R=makes me wonder now about how good
Webber really was....sorry Mark

another big hero=the Sunday morning race chat gang :good:
makes it a event and not just another race.The rest of you
members don't know what your missing
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Scott

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2014, 09:32:24 PM »

Nice of you to join us Dare...even if you are usually late  :P :P

Offline Willy

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2014, 10:50:13 PM »
 My list would just be a duplicate of what Scott listed at the top.
I loved watching this race. One of the most exciting for many a season.

Some great dicing and battles and wet track crashes that added viewer excitement.
Once again the safety cell kept the boys safe.

Offline Dare

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2014, 11:32:12 PM »

It's not late....it's making a grand appearance
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2014, 08:28:13 AM »

It's not late....it's making a grand appearance

You've misspelt your moniker then, it should be Dame.  :D   :tease:

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Monty

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2014, 09:12:36 AM »
Hero - Button.... the driving was OK and he was actually leading briefly, but he wins hero status for not saying what he really thought of the team at the end of the race!

Offline Scott

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2014, 11:45:12 AM »
Hero - Button.... the driving was OK and he was actually leading briefly, but he wins hero status for not saying what he really thought of the team at the end of the race!

Mclaren are blaming their radar software.  Sounds lame.  I do like that Magnussen has taken the blame himself as it is his final decision...based on what the team tells him.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/115177

Offline Scott

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2014, 11:47:52 AM »
Apparently Niki and I agree on something...

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/115181

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2014, 08:21:49 PM »

Mclaren are blaming their radar software.  Sounds lame.  I do like that Magnussen has taken the blame himself as it is his final decision...based on what the team tells him.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/115177

If the safety car hadn't been extended, I believe McLaren would have been vindicated.

The track obviously wasn't ready for slicks if people were crashing during a safety car.

I rather like to see teams take a chance rather than play it safe.  Just some bad luck is the difference between heroes and zeroes.

Offline Scott

« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2014, 09:05:57 PM »
I agree it seemed like it was a bit premature for slicks, especially after the crash that caused the second SC, but the fact that EVERYONE but Mclaren were on slicks suggests it wasn't bold, but stupid.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle