collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 583
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16159 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11276 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: No more double points  (Read 4608 times)

Offline lkjohnson1950

Re: No more doule points
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2014, 04:39:22 PM »
Wow!! We agree on something Cos. When does the world end?

:DD :DD
Lonny

Offline Irisado

« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2014, 10:37:40 PM »
Double point did what it was meant to do, kept the pressure, forced Rosberg to make the horrible start, and now is gone. It did spiced up the last race, could have been much more fun had there been more than two contender for the title. Its a stipulation made clear at the beginning of the year, so I can't see the reason why this could not have continued, makes betting more fun in my opinion.

Not really.  Imagine if Hamilton's car had broken down, and Rosberg had won the title as a result by limping home in say fifth place.  How would that have been at all fair?  Hamilton would have won double the number of races, but lost the title solely because of double points.

There was more than enough excitement without the double points.  Rosberg was only 17 points behind remember, so if Hamilton had driven a poor race, or made a mistake and gone out, Rosberg could have finished first or second and still taken the title.

Double points was an artificial way to 'spice up' the show, and I'm glad that it foundered.
Soņando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2014, 10:57:41 PM »
Double point did what it was meant to do, kept the pressure, forced Rosberg to make the horrible start, and now is gone. It did spiced up the last race, could have been much more fun had there been more than two contender for the title. Its a stipulation made clear at the beginning of the year, so I can't see the reason why this could not have continued, makes betting more fun in my opinion.

Not really.  Imagine if Hamilton's car had broken down, and Rosberg had won the title as a result by limping home in say fifth place.  How would that have been at all fair?  Hamilton would have won double the number of races, but lost the title solely because of double points.

Isn't the exact reason why double point was introduced, too keep it in the edge till the end? I would have been dissapointed had it been decided in that manner, but the sheer amount of possibility does keep things at the very edge. And Nico may have the title almost in the same manner as his father  :confused:
Keep running the fast cars, you will be never out of girls

Offline Irisado

Re: No more double points
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2014, 02:21:22 PM »
It went down to the final race without double points, so they weren't actually needed to have a tense contest.
Soņando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle