collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 597
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: What'sup at Mclaren  (Read 3157 times)

Offline Dare

Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline cosworth151

Re: What'sup at Mclaren
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2014, 02:50:49 PM »
What a cluster! It's a shame that to such fine drivers are caught up in it. McLaren is looking more and more like it will be a back marker for 2015.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Dare

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2014, 03:09:26 PM »
Starting to make me think Alonso might have
a lot to do with it...at his age he doesn't want to
get stuck at Mclaren if the Honda power plant is
a canine
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2014, 03:12:19 PM »
Starting to make me think Alonso might have
a lot to do with it...at his age he doesn't want to
get stuck at Mclaren if the Honda power plant is
a canine

That's what I read too.

Quite frankly, if he's not going to 100% dedicate himself to the team, I wouldn't want him.

Alonso out, Button and KMag in.

Offline Scott

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2014, 03:29:25 PM »
It'll be interesting to see what comes out after it is all over.  I hope it's not Alonso causing all the disturbance and delays, but we all know his reputation   |-( |-( |-(

It might be simpler to just go with KMag and Button anyhow unless Honda has a problem with either of them.  Button couldn't make WDC with all the Honda gear until they stuck a Merc in it, so there could be something with that.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2014, 05:33:34 PM »
If it's Nando causing the problem the answer is simple:- Go with Jens & KMag for next year, it's a development year after all, and if the car and engine is half way decent Nando will want in at any price for 2016.

Where else can Nando go in 2016? - Red Bull, nah - Merc, nah - back to Ferrari,............. nah.  ;)

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2014, 06:04:21 PM »
Whatever it is, it looks like it happens tomorrow. McLaren has invited select members of the press to a media event at its headquarters on Thursday (11 Dec) morning.

http://autoweek.com/article/formula-one/mclaren-formula-one-team-expected-announce-2015-driver-lineup-thursday
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Scott

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2014, 07:08:08 PM »
Haha...love Button's tweet at Grossjean.

Pure speculation.  Maybe the news conference is just to announce new ownership - though that should also sort out the driver lineup.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Dare

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2014, 09:52:28 PM »
I think Alonso is waiting for Rosberg's seat

guest3164

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2014, 09:29:38 AM »
Seems like the media in Spain and Britain have gone into overdrive suggesting that McLaren will confirm Alonso and Button today.  If so, right choice, but everyone has been so wrong throughout all this I still wouldn't be that surprised to see Magnussen and Vandoorne confirmed!

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2014, 12:22:37 PM »
Maybe K-Mag stays on as reserve this season and moves up in 2016 when Ferd moves on to Mercedes.
― Bob Dylan

Offline J.Clark

« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2014, 02:14:17 PM »
Alonso could have a lot to do with it.  One of the reasons I have never supported him is apparent lack of commitment to a team.
Life is short - live each day to the fullest.

Offline Irisado

« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2014, 02:28:09 PM »
His commitment to Ferrari (until this year), Renault, and Minardi (he was amazing driving that car in 2001, and the team loved him) suggests that there isn't much evidence to back up that assertion.

Alonso only ever caused ructions at McLaren, and that wasn't all him.  Ron Dennis has to take fifty percent of the responsibility for that.  Neither of them handled the situation well.
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline Monty

« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2014, 09:03:28 AM »
Stating the obvious; McLaren 2015 will either be fantastic or awful. They have two fantastic drivers and this will translate to a great year if Ron Dennis has managed to tidy up ownership and funding issues - I predict the Honda power plant will be excellent no matter what.
But if it isn't clear who is in charge, I think Alonso will be disruptive, the car may not get properly developed and the year could fall apart.
It will be an interesting team to watch.

guest3164

« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2014, 09:27:08 AM »
I am eager to see what will happen but feel anxious that being a year behind will be detrimental to Honda, they will now have all those teething problems that Mercedes/Renault/Ferrari all worked through last year (to relative degrees of success).  Tough one as I want to see Button do well, but I really enjoyed seeing my lot at the front end and don't want to see them usurped yet by another team!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle