collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 213
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16181 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
13026 Posts
John S John S
11301 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Extreme Downhill Long Boarding  (Read 2421 times)

Offline Wizzo

Extreme Downhill Long Boarding
« on: December 18, 2014, 05:00:41 PM »
Downhill skateboarding is not a game, always be extremely careful. This guys was OK but it could have been so much worse.

"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

GPWizard F1 Forum https://www.gpwizard.co.uk
:wizard:
Wizzo

Offline Scott

Re: Extreme Downhill Long Boarding
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2014, 06:56:52 PM »
That scared the wits out of me and I was just watching it on a screen.  :o :o
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2014, 09:53:21 PM »
I have a friend who was a skater grl as a teen.

Takes a special kinda person to be sure!

Online lkjohnson1950

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2014, 06:26:10 AM »
Back in the Dark Ages, when skateboards were narrower, taller, and had very hard "tires", we used to skate the ramps at Sun Devil Stadium in Tempe. Blacktop, about 20 feet wide, 2 180s and out into the parking lot. You could feel the board drifting in the corners and if you hit a rock BB size or so the board stopped instantly. Ah to be young and immortal again.
Lonny

Offline Scott

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2014, 08:04:15 AM »
I can still do a 360 and a few other little tricks (fun to 'wow' my sons friends on occasion).  Skateboarding was my only pastime from 12-18, and I have all the scars to prove it (along with an arthritic knee from a coming together with a cement wall), but never liked the high speeds (our old boards would get horrible speed wobbles and then you crashed hard).

But these guys are super talented and borderline insane to do that kind of thing.  That said, I bet there aren't very many roads like that with so long and so perfect a grade for that kind of run.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2014, 01:09:11 PM »
I remember those days, Lonnie. Back when it was still called Sidewalk Surfing. My first one had metal wheels!

We had two big "I dare you" runs around here. One was coming down Waterworks Hill on Ohio Rt 37 as fast as possible and through the off camber hairpin at the bottom. The other was coming down Main St. hill while weaving in and out through the parking meters.

Yes, those were the days!
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle