collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 566
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: RBR threat to quit just to motivate Renault  (Read 2294 times)

Offline Scott

RBR threat to quit just to motivate Renault
« on: April 12, 2015, 07:30:16 PM »
 :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:  Seriously?

I still say RBR needs some work on its car as well.  It's not just the engines.  Ricciardo was working hard through the corners and seemed to need more braking room than others. 

Anyhow, I suppose Horner wants to keep his job, so he has convinced Dieter that he should maybe recant the threat. 

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/formula1/32276274

The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Online cosworth151

Re: RBR threat to quit just to motivate Renault
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2015, 12:33:26 PM »
The fact that RBR is behind their junior team proves that the car needs works. After all, STR is using the same Renault power plant assemblies as RBR.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline J.Clark

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2015, 02:32:41 PM »
I personally find it quite interesting that STR is beating the pants off of the senior RBR team.

I do feel a bit sorry for Ricciardo though.

I also agree that the Renault power unit is probably a smaller percentage of the problem than the car's design.  Horner and Newy have long enjoyed the luxury of having the car to catch, but such is not the case in 2015.
Life is short - live each day to the fullest.

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2015, 03:59:04 PM »
I personally find it quite interesting that STR is beating the pants off of the senior RBR team.

I do feel a bit sorry for Ricciardo though.

I also agree that the Renault power unit is probably a smaller percentage of the problem than the car's design.  Horner and Newy have long enjoyed the luxury of having the car to catch, but such is not the case in 2015.

I feel sorry for Kvyat... he must be wondering what happened to his 'promotion' to the big team.

I'm not sure where I read it, or if it's true, but hasn't Newey stepped away from being 'the man' when it comes to designing the RBR?  Just a sort of consultant who shows up when he's bored?

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2015, 10:59:19 PM »

Last time I looked RBR was in front of STR in the points table,  :confused: only by a point I grant you.  ;)

Well the quit threat seems only to have caused Renault to re-evaluate the merit of supplying such petty whingers. The French car maker must rue the day they stopped working with Frank Williams.  :D       
Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2015, 05:40:21 AM »
I think it's clear Renault has missed the target with their engines, but Red Bull seems to have missed the target with the chassis as well. Nobody knocks it out of the park every time. They had 4 great cars in a row, not surprising they missed this one a bit.
Lonny

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2015, 08:05:53 AM »

I'm not sure where I read it, or if it's true, but hasn't Newey stepped away from being 'the man' when it comes to designing the RBR?  Just a sort of consultant who shows up when he's bored?

I think its not just down to Newey choosing to design yatch, Red Bull also lost Peter Promduo to Mclaren, and if I am not wrong the list does not just end there, so I am not surprised to see RBR off the pace to be honest, but very surprised to see Torro Rosso giving the big brothers a run for their money.
Keep running the fast cars, you will be never out of girls

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle