collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 599
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: FIA feeling disrespected.  (Read 9050 times)

Offline lkjohnson1950

Lonny

Offline Scott

Re: FIA feeling disrespected.
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2015, 07:50:13 AM »
 :DD :DD. now they want self policing?  Probably want all that stuff by fax because apparently they are still without an email address.

FIA is such a joke.  Maybe it's time they rounded them up like the FIFA guys.  Just leave my buddy Sepp Blatter alone.  ;)
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Steve A.

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2015, 09:46:29 AM »
The cost saving methods always end up costing teams more. No I have no solutions, just a hope to see close racing on track.
As far as MR Blatter is concerned,  I think he has to go. Whether he knew about the alleged corruption or not he is the head of a failed and possibly corrupt organisation so he should, again in my opinion resign and let that organisation recover ( somehow)

Offline Scott

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2015, 10:28:12 AM »
No, it's personal.  He lives about 10 minutes from me and my daughter goes to the Sepp Blatter school for gym class.  Gotta support a neighbour, don't you?  He's kinda adored around these parts (Visp, Switzerland) ;) ;)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 10:29:52 AM by Scott »

Offline Steve A.

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2015, 11:23:03 AM »
No, I have no doubt he is a nice guy. I couldn't possibly judge him personally.  There have been a few people on the news say what a nice genuine man he is.

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2015, 12:24:16 PM »
To: Attorney General Loretta Lynch

For your attention-
Fédération Internationale de l'Automobile
8 place de la Concorde
Paris, France

They make FIFA look like a kindergarten play. Like FIFA, they're in bed with Putin. And, their worst, most blatant crimes of all happened right here in the U.S.A. After all, who could ever even dream that COTA was a world class facility, much less a replacement for either Indy or Sebring?
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Scott

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2015, 02:54:50 PM »
No, I have no doubt he is a nice guy. I couldn't possibly judge him personally.  There have been a few people on the news say what a nice genuine man he is.

I don't know him personally, though I have served him on our terrace (I run a small hotel here in case you didn't come across that info somewhere else on the site).  Seems friendly enough when he talked to me.  He speaks english pretty well, so that usually stands out.

I didn't have a clue who he was the first time until my wife told me afterward.  He's been back a couple times.  He doesn't actually live in the region, but he grew up here, has a house and comes a few times a year to visit friends or family. 

I honestly couldn't care a less about it, I rarely watch an entire game of 'football' as you call it, unless the WC or EC is on.  I just hear many people say he's the Bernie of soccer (or Bernie is the Sepp Blatter of F1), so that can't be good.

Offline Steve A.

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2015, 03:04:14 PM »
I think Bernie and him have a lot in common, as far as football is concerned I can't claim to be a real supporter as I support Sunderland and they can't really claim to play football.

Offline Ian

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2015, 03:17:35 PM »
Can't even watch a game of football, if I was a ref and a player grabbed hold of me it'd be a red card straight away, same as when they surround the ref, shouting and waving their arms about, send'em all off.
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2015, 08:05:57 PM »
I just heard on NPR that Blatter will stay in office. His opponent withdrew after there was no clear winner in the first round of voting.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Steve A.

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2015, 09:16:18 PM »
Yes he has won, two thirds majority. Some associations are saying they will withdraw from Fifa.

Offline Scott

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2015, 10:32:20 PM »
Give it a few days.  Scenes like this are typical.  Large corrupt organization.  How do you catch the godfather?  Lock up a handful of his henchmen until they spill the beans on the boss.  Sepp probably even knows he'll be gone by this time next week.

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2015, 01:07:18 AM »
Regarding the original headline:

In other news, some people complain that rain is wet and try to dry it out.
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2015, 01:57:21 AM »
As a North American sports fan, what's the deal with FIFA?

Why does anyone need them?

The NHL routinely tells the IIHF to stuff itself.  Even the Olympics sides with the NHL ahead of the IIHF.

I don't even know if baseball, football or basketball even have international bodies. 

NASCAR and IndyCar, amongst HUNDREDS of local tracks across Canada and the USA wouldn't recognize an FIA official if he paid for dinner.

If FIFA is corrupt and useless, then forget them. 

Offline Scott

« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2015, 07:53:07 AM »
As a North American sports fan, what's the deal with FIFA?

Why does anyone need them?

The NHL routinely tells the IIHF to stuff itself.  Even the Olympics sides with the NHL ahead of the IIHF.

I don't even know if baseball, football or basketball even have international bodies. 

NASCAR and IndyCar, amongst HUNDREDS of local tracks across Canada and the USA wouldn't recognize an FIA official if he paid for dinner.

If FIFA is corrupt and useless, then forget them.

Because they turn over $50b a year and spread it out among the poorest countries to preserve their power base.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle