collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 575
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Raikkonen's fate up to Marchionne?  (Read 2384 times)

Offline Scott

Raikkonen's fate up to Marchionne?
« on: June 23, 2015, 04:42:31 PM »
Oh great...bring in an expert why don't you.  What on earth does an accountant know about the potential of an F1 driver?  Please Mr. Marchionne, leave the decision to the day to day management of the team.

At this point I don't think Kimi really cares.  It's the first time in a couple years he's been in a semi-contending car, and yet the team has let him down on more than a couple occasions.  I know Alonso is probably looking for a decent ride, and likely has an exit clause, but he has some lousy karma or something, so Ferrari would be foolish to take him back.

http://www.crash.net/f1/news/220360/1/raikkonens-ferrari-future-to-be-decided-by-marchionne.html

The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline cosworth151

Re: Raikkonen's fate up to Marchionne?
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2015, 05:31:54 PM »
Alonso may have already burned his bridges to Ferrari. With Vettel established as #1, Ferrari might go looking for a good #2, in the mold of Rubino and Massa.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2015, 05:46:55 PM »
Alonso may have already burned his bridges to Ferrari. With Vettel established as #1, Ferrari might go looking for a good #2, in the mold of Rubino and Massa.

I think Ferrari was looking for some fire from their drivers, a teammate battle to put them on the top of the sports news.  I don't think they're looking for a #2.

Offline Scott

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2015, 06:52:55 PM »
I think Vettel would be more interested in the clear #1 & #2 hierarchy idea.  Seemed to think it was that way at RBR and he kinda got used to it.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2015, 07:07:38 PM »
Perhaps this is a sign that the retention of Kimi is more dependent on how much he asks for at the negotiation than his direct performance on track. That they're not so much saying "Kimi, prove you be in a Ferrari" as "Kimi, prove we should pay you this much to be in a Ferrari".
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2015, 08:19:06 PM »
In many instance Kimi's performance in this season I will say bizzarre, because either the team or he acted in such manner, that I could came up with no other word. Even though I love Kimi, team may be a bit impatient and they may be looking for some new blood to fill in the shoes of Vettel..
Keep running the fast cars, you will be never out of girls

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2015, 09:24:46 PM »
As Alia says it does have the sniff of a negotiating strategy to reduce driver costs. They have the high paid Vettel already performing better than any of us expected so they can presumably play hard ball with Kimi as they have other younger but proven F1 pilots, Bottas & the Hulk for instance, waiting in the wings.

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle