collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 561
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Worst team in F1  (Read 5216 times)

Offline Dare

Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Steve A.

Re: Worst team in F1
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2015, 11:46:39 PM »
A team called life, using a death trap as a car. What a story.

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2015, 12:19:50 PM »
"selling a heavy, complicated, tall, and slow engine

Renault?  Honda?

the car ran for about 400 yards before it came to a stop.

McLaren?

Seriously, good find, Dare!   :good:
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Scott

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2015, 01:56:43 PM »
"selling a heavy, complicated, tall, and slow engine

Renault?  Honda?

the car ran for about 400 yards before it came to a stop.

McLaren?

Seriously, good find, Dare!   :good:
   :DD :DD :DD

I thought it was going to be a poll...interesting read though. 

I was going to vote for Mercedes because I think their stubbornness about sticking to the engine rules is going to be the end of F1.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2015, 03:02:17 PM »
I was going to vote for Mercedes because I think their stubbornness about sticking to the engine rules is going to be the end of F1.

You think they'd sabotage F1 to let DTM become the top racing series?

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2015, 07:59:06 PM »
Andrea Moda were probably the worst F1 team to ever qualify for a race. From not remembering to buy the intellectual property for their customer chassis (which was the slow-in-its-day 1991 Coloni) to attempting to qualify Perry McCarthy with a known bent/sprained steering arm, it was just an embarrassment to everyone. There's a reason their exclusion from F1 due to bringing the sport into disrepute was not challenged by its boss... ...he got arrested for fraud shortly beforehand!
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2015, 05:24:04 PM »
Good find Dare,  :good: well at least at a quick glance the car looked more presentable than the ugly Caterham last year.  :D

Funny I don't remember anyone expecting RBR to stop any of their diffuser blowing, wing flexing or extreme rake angle tricks without FIA pulling rank.  :P

Some of the present regulatory problems can be traced back to RBR and Ferrari demands for more say in everything as well - the stupid 'Stategy group' means a really well fed Turkey can avoid Christmas, just as long as it's passed Thanksgiving.  :D   

« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 06:14:27 PM by John S »
Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Scott

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2015, 06:18:23 PM »
Not quite the same thing John.  I'm not saying Merc is bending the rules at all.  But their stand to keep the engine regs as they are is destroying the racing, especially for the championship. 

I've always been a watch no-matter-what fan, but I really find myself less anxious as race day approaches.  If there is something better to do, I very well may just start going and doing it.  Having to watch a fantastic company like Honda get red faced every race because they didn't get it right in February makes me sick.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2015, 10:06:49 PM »
Yeah I get your point of something needing to happen but I just can't agree it's Merc's fault or responsibility. The FIA and the World Motor Sport Council should take the necessary steps to take back full & immediate control of engine regs, particularly around allowed development. However to do the whole thing in good faith Merc must also be allowed to continue development just like everyone else.

Ford dominated F1 for very many years and it didn't do the sport lasting harm, yes I know they never had their own team during the really dominant years, but in Ford style Merc may still continue to dominate even if engine development is freed up. Now who will all the noisiest voices for freer engine regs blame then?  :crazy:
Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Online lkjohnson1950

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2015, 01:52:59 AM »
It's not like other teams haven't dominated in the past: Macca during the Senna-Prost years, Scu at Beneton and then Ferrari, Williams with the FW14. I think the engine regs are stupid, but that's just me (and most of the F1 fans?).
Lonny

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2015, 08:34:46 PM »
It's not like other teams haven't dominated in the past: Macca during the Senna-Prost years, Scu at Beneton and then Ferrari, Williams with the FW14. I think the engine regs are stupid, but that's just me (and most of the F1 fans?).

The issue isn't the Mercedes Team dominating.  Other teams can copy whatever it is Mercedes is doing... better aero, better brakes, better pit strategy.

It is the Mercedes engine dominating.  There is nothing the other teams can do.  Honda and Renault can spend their 'tokens', but there are penalties for engine changes, and the tokens aren't enough to overcome a fundamentally inferior design.  They can't even switch to Mercedes engines, like in the Cosworth DFV era, because there's rules about how many teams Mercedes can supply.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle