collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 545
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: I've adapted my style, says Kubica  (Read 3222 times)

davewilson

I've adapted my style, says Kubica
« on: March 08, 2007, 02:59:24 PM »
BMW Sauber ace Robert Kubica is confident he has successful adapted his driving style to allow him to get the best out of the 2007-spec Bridgestone tyres this season.

The 22-year-old Pole had expressed concerns following his first runs of the winter that his distinctive style, that involves an abrupt initial turn-in to corners, may have to be modified to better suit the harder compound rubber to be used this year.

However with BMW’s pre-season programme now completed, Kubica has revealed he has successfully changed his technique to one that is now less aggressive.

"The Bridgestone tyre construction is quite different to what we had last year,” he told the team’s official website.

“You have to adapt your driving style.

“But I feel this is already behind us now.

“I drive more smoothly with less steering angle and it is okay.”

BMW has been the undoubted surprise package of the winter, with Mario Theissen saying last week that the team is only behind Ferrari and McLaren on pace ahead of the season’s opening race in Melbourne.

Its preparations, however, in the final Bahrain test were hindered by reoccurring hydraulics and gearbox problems – with both Kubica and Nick Heidfeld stopping on-track on the last day.

The Pole remains optimistic though that the reliability of the F1.07 is improving and the team is in a position to perform well in the hot conditions likely to be encountered in the opening three flyaway races.

"We did a complete race simulation with both cars which worked fine," he said

"It was a good step forward.

“We are getting better in terms of reliability.

“Hot conditions should not be a big problem for the performance of the car.

“It responds well.

“We just will have to watch the set-up and make sure to limit the stress for the tyres."

The Stig

Offline Dare

Re: I've adapted my style, says Kubica
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2007, 03:03:58 PM »

Aren't they taking traction control off the
cars next year and another driving aid?
That will help the smoother drivers like
Button and Fisi if he was younger and
still around
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

davewilson

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2007, 03:10:43 PM »
Spot on dare,the smoother drivers will benefit and as you mentioned Fisi and Button getting older,and running out of time to be World Champion.
Do you think it is time for Jenson to swap teams?
The Stig

Offline Dare

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2007, 03:18:13 PM »
Spot on dare,the smoother drivers will benefit and as you mentioned Fisi and Button getting older,and running out of time to be World Champion.
Do you think it is time for Jenson to swap teams?
The Stig

I think Button should,but  his
past contract breaking may pose
a problem and where would he go?
Seems all the top teams have
excellent drivers now or lined
up for the future
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

davewilson

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2007, 03:28:01 PM »
Good point dare,if only he had stayed at Williams and not buy himself out of the contract,who knows it could all be different?
The stig

Offline Dare

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2007, 03:33:32 PM »
Good point dare,if only he had stayed at Williams and not buy himself out of the contract,who knows it could all be different?
The stig

Or when he was at Beneton now Reanault
he would have acted mature and made Flavio
believe in him,he may have already been WC
and would definitely more GP wins

davewilson

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2007, 03:39:07 PM »
Yes he was a bit of a playboy,but time is running out he has got to get a top car seat, and quick if he wants to be World Champion.
The stig

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2007, 04:36:11 PM »
We're not the only ones that think button should move on. Damon Hill said the same thing at Silverstone on Tuesday. He said that "the clock is ticking" for Button even though his English countryman won his first grand prix last year.

"I don't believe Honda will be a championship winning team," Hill told reporters at an event at the British GP venue.

"There's a bit missing with that team."

"He should ask some serious questions about how he gets to a reliable race winning car."

I agree whole heartedly.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Dare

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2007, 05:35:53 PM »
We're not the only ones that think button should move on. Damon Hill said the same thing at Silverstone on Tuesday. He said that "the clock is ticking" for Button even though his English countryman won his first grand prix last year.

"I don't believe Honda will be a championship winning team," Hill told reporters at an event at the British GP venue.

"There's a bit missing with that team."

"He should ask some serious questions about how he gets to a reliable race winning car."

I agree whole heartedly.

Where should or should I say where could he go

davewilson

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2007, 05:44:30 PM »
Eat humble pie and go and ask Sir.Frank for a job?
If he does well this year teams will take note,it is up to him to show his worth if he wants a crown.
Mind you the money side of things takes away the desire,same as the overpaid footballers!
The stig

Offline Dare

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2007, 05:48:00 PM »
Eat humble pie and go and ask Sir.Frank for a job?
If he does well this year teams will take note,it is up to him to show his worth if he wants a crown.
Mind you the money side of things takes away the desire,same as the overpaid footballers!
The stig

Only problem is Sir Frank's cars have much to prove.If
their anything like last years car Button's better off
at Honda

davewilson

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2007, 05:53:51 PM »
I know, he has burnt a few bridges,all of this should have been sorted out a long time ago, he has got to find a better package as you say, and this will only be from what form he shows this year.

The stig

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2007, 06:23:47 PM »
Since, sadly, Williams is on the road to B-Team land, I don't think that would  be an upward move.

I wonder how long until DC retires and leave a seat at RBR?
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Dare

« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2007, 06:27:05 PM »
Since, sadly, Williams is on the road to B-Team land, I don't think that would  be an upward move.

I wonder how long until DC retires and leave a seat at RBR?

probably sooner than dc wants

davewilson

« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2007, 06:30:30 PM »
The Scots never retire, they have to be shifted out and dare is right,his days are numbered unless he comes up with the goods this time round.

The stig

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle