collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 160
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16178 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
13016 Posts
John S John S
11293 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: F1 TV Rights For U.S. Up For Bid  (Read 1118 times)

Offline cosworth151

F1 TV Rights For U.S. Up For Bid
« on: March 21, 2016, 08:38:48 PM »
NBC's highly successful term with the U.S. TV rights for F1 has been extended through the end of next season. The network took over in 2013 and has grown viewership every season. Last season was up by 10.1% over 2014.

The races have had far greater availability than during their previous stint on Fox. Most of us over here in the States couldn't get the races in any format during the Fox years. We still have the same problems with Fox's IMSA & NHRA coverage. (I couldn't find a live feed of most of last week-end's 12 Hours of Sebring anywhere).

Sadly, Fox if thought to be in the bidding for the F1 rights. Hopefully, it will stay right where it is. Now that there is a U.S. team it would be great for the growth of the sport over here.

http://autoweek.com/article/formula-one/race-f1-tv-rights-us-revs-nbc-deal-nears-end-road

“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline J.Clark

Re: F1 TV Rights For U.S. Up For Bid
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2016, 01:56:25 PM »
When NBCSports first announced taking over coverage, I was somewhat skeptical; although, not really happy with FOX's coverage.

Since they took it over, I have nothing but praise for the way they have handled it with regard to live coverage.  I am therefore, quite hopeful that they will get the contract to continue.
Life is short - live each day to the fullest.

Offline rasfan

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2016, 02:33:54 PM »
I can only hope that Fox refrains from bidding on F1 TV rights. since their contract with IMSA the available viewing options have been terrible to say the least. Trying to navigate between Fox1, Fox2 and internet options couldn't be more troublesome. If one doesn't receice Fox2 on your cable system, you're out of luck. If your internet supplier isn't registered with IMSA.com you're out of luck...Trying to be an IMSA follower is a challenge.
NBCSN's coverage has been consistently satisfactory and rebroadcasts are generally well placed in case you can't handle some of the early morning broadcasts. I could do without Lee Giffey and would like to see someone else in his spot, but he's better than other options. Let's all vote for NBCSN to prevail.

Offline Scott

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2016, 08:35:46 PM »
I havent seen a lot of Fox Sports, but what I have seen tends to be way over-produced, full of gimmicks and too many talking heads, so I am sure NBC is doing a better job.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle