collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 128
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16178 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
13016 Posts
John S John S
11293 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Nico p*ssed off at Hamilton  (Read 3455 times)

Offline Scott

Nico p*ssed off at Hamilton
« on: June 13, 2016, 08:43:48 AM »
Well, he would be, wouldn't he.  I was p*ssed off too, but for different reasons.  It spoiled Ricciardo's momentum as he had to avoid the dangerous rejoining of the circuit by Rosberg, and he never recovered to get back in front of Max. 

My read on it was Lewis was only paying attention to his right mirror on the start and didn't even see Vettel coming because he was too focused on making sure Rosberg stayed behind.  After that, he simply forgot he had mirrors and that's why he didn't see Rosberg until he had committed to that turn radius that pushed him off.  But really, a less horrible result payback for Spain.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/124755/rosberg-was-angry-with-hamilton-move

The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Andy B

Re: Nico p*ssed off at Hamilton
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2016, 09:02:43 AM »
As stated by Toto Lewis was inside so he can dictate the corner I expect the drivers to be aggressive at times and as Rosberg said that's racing but Rosberg rejoining the track was fraught with danger and I'm surprised he never got pulled up on his method.
I thought Lewis once again drove a great race but if the Ferrari's continue to improve the Vettel Hamilton relationship will also end in tears although I hope it does not.
Once you have retired every day is a Saturday!

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2016, 12:31:38 PM »
In the interview I saw on Channel 4 TV Nico seemed to accept that he was as much to blame for the first turn off. Sure he had hoped that Lewis would make room, however most observers took the view that Nico put himself into an unwinnable position in that first corner and the outcome was inevitable.

Makes you wonder if Merc may be having a rethink on Rosberg's new contract in view of his performances in Monaco and Canada.   
Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2016, 03:12:04 PM »
Makes you wonder if Merc may be having a rethink on Rosberg's new contract in view of his performances in Monaco and Canada.

Despite winning consecutive championships, and being built off of existing organizations, the Mercedes F1 team is very young team, and has only had three drivers.

We know that other teams have a history of holding drivers accountable, either in a 'what have you done for me lately' way, 'why did your last cheque bounce' way, and even 'stop hitting my best friend, you're demoted' way.

We don't really know how Mercedes treats their drivers.  I get they feeling that they're a loyal organization, and happy to reward loyalty with loyalty.  Does Nico have a seat for 'life' if he wishes?  For all the conflict in the team, he does seem to toe the company line.  (I'm convinced many of his admissions of 'guilt' are simply him repeating what he's told to say)

If they can continue to manage the 'drama' between Nico and Hamilton, I think it adds an extra element of interest to the sport.

Offline Andy B

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2016, 03:57:39 AM »
I think you are right and wrong Jeri!
Both drivers are loyal while its in their interest to be so I can remember Lewis saying while at McLaren that he will "finish his career" there so loyalty only goes so far and the team will do the same if you are not performing and they can put someone in the seat who they think will perform better then the loyalty will go out the window.
If Nico was the best bet for the team he would have been signed by now it may still happen but the delay casts doubts.

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2016, 03:05:50 PM »
Both drivers are loyal while its in their interest to be so I can remember Lewis saying while at McLaren that he will "finish his career" there so loyalty only goes so far and the team will do the same if you are not performing and they can put someone in the seat who they think will perform better then the loyalty will go out the window.
If Nico was the best bet for the team he would have been signed by now it may still happen but the delay casts doubts.

I was more asking a question.  I don't know if Mercedes rewards loyalty or not.  I do think that Nico has been far more loyal than Lewis has.  Lewis is a typical F1 drivers looking for the best seat.  Not that Nico isn't, but Lewis thinks being the best on track counts for a lot, while Nico seems to believe what goes on behind the scenes counts just as much.

Offline Andy B

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2016, 07:18:27 AM »

I was more asking a question.  I don't know if Mercedes rewards loyalty or not.  I do think that Nico has been far more loyal than Lewis has.  Lewis is a typical F1 drivers looking for the best seat.  Not that Nico isn't, but Lewis thinks being the best on track counts for a lot, while Nico seems to believe what goes on behind the scenes counts just as much.

You could be right Jeri but remember Nico has not won any F1 world titles and I think to be a multiple world champion you have to have a bit of arrogance about you look back historically I think it proves the point.

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2016, 09:49:49 AM »
You could be right Jeri but remember Nico has not won any F1 world titles and I think to be a multiple world champion you have to have a bit of arrogance about you look back historically I think it proves the point.

You also need to have that little bit extra in the year of your championship, whether that be car, circumstances/luck or just your own God given ability.

Ask Moss, some are always destined to be the bridesmaid.

Not sure personally that Nico has got enough in his own abilities to be WDC, he's reliant on Hammy's bad luck or misjudgements to get the crown IMHO.

Never stopped others getting the title though so he might just scrape in. :D   

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Andy B

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2016, 07:21:12 AM »
I think we have seen another example of why Nico doesn't have what it takes to be WC in this latest incident  just about everyone has pointed the finger at Nico and I think it was quite blatant and he was quite lucky to get away with fourth and a ten second penalty.
Nico still states that it was his corner at least when he run Lewis off the road and Lewis took them both out Lewis put his hands up and took the blame although I believe Nico should have given him room.
Christian Horner has said that having them both in the same team is untenable so as Lewis has a contract for 2017 is Nico risking his employment?
Toto said that he may have to issue team orders so does the team then decide the WC and there is no guarantee the drivers will obey them which has happened this season in other teams.
I know I'm a Lewis fan but I'm not as a rule anti-Nico the biggest thing I support is good close racing and as soon as Nico gets under pressure he seems unable to deal with it.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle