collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 557
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16159 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11276 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Poll

Who do you expect to win and who do you want to win. 2 votes

Lewis will be 2016 WC
2 (9.5%)
Nico will be 2016 WC
8 (38.1%)
I want Lewis to be WC
7 (33.3%)
I want Nico to be WC
4 (19%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Voting closed: November 26, 2016, 09:01:48 PM

Author Topic: Lewis or Nico  (Read 2519 times)

Offline Andy B

Lewis or Nico
« on: November 21, 2016, 09:01:48 PM »
I thought with the WC still in the balance I'de run a poll to see who people think will win and who they would prefer to win so two votes I hope that you'll vote on performance through the season rather than personality.

Once you have retired every day is a Saturday!

Offline cosworth151

Re: Lewis or Nico
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2016, 12:18:15 PM »
It looks like Lewis's only hope is for Nico to shunt or break down. Too bad the race won't be at a better circuit.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Steve A.

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2016, 12:42:10 PM »
I hope Nico wins,  not a fan of either driver,  just want a different name on the trophy.  I have a feeling that Lewis will snatch again as he did in Brazil.  Looking forward to the race though.

Offline Dare

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2016, 01:10:06 PM »
I hope Nico wins,  not a fan of either driver,  just want a different name on the trophy.  I have a feeling that Lewis will snatch again as he did in Brazil.  Looking forward to the race though.

My thoughts too.I think Nico will play it safe and aim for a podium and try to avoid Max
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2016, 03:09:46 PM »

My thoughts too.I think Nico will play it safe and aim for a podium and try to avoid Max

Which is why I think Nico will lose.  We've seen him get lost in his head too many times.  Focusing too much on playing it safe will lead to distraction and mistakes

Out of curiousity, does anyone know the engine situation?  I know Lewis has had to have more replacements... which driver has the newest set of parts?

Offline Scott

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2016, 08:44:28 PM »
I think he needs to finish 3rd to win it, doesn't he?  If for any reason he drops to 4th, I think his panic will cause catastrophe.

I don't really care who wins the WDC, I prefer the drama of each race, not the season long points chase. 

No matter which way it goes, they will both despise each other at the end.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Andy B

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2016, 03:49:56 AM »
Jeri I'm sure I read that neither driver have any engine issues but never say never.
I would prefer Lewis to win as without the reliability issues he would already have the crown and like him or not it would be better for F1.
Once you have retired every day is a Saturday!

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2016, 11:57:52 AM »
I'd prefer Lewis to do it but I wont be too disappointed if Nico is crowned.

Lewis is undoubtedly the better racer, that's why I'm a fan, but even though I do not rate Nico highly his results are not purely luck.
Aside from the mechanical issues, which for all we know could in part be caused by Lewis' aggressive driving style, Lewis has also fluffed several starts this year and Nico has put the pressure on in Quali at most races.

Nico has always been in a position to take advantage when Lewis faltered, not always the case from team mates given an open goal - Irvine failed to capitalise in a race winning car when Schumi was side lined in 99.   

The WDC has always thrown up champions who have been dependant on mechanical or other issues causing dnfs for opponents, that's part of the game. As Murray was always fond of saying "to finish 1st - first you must finish"   :D

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline J.Clark

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2016, 02:55:46 PM »
I really don't care for either driver.

I voted that Nico would win it however.  It is more or less a math problem for Lewis.  If Lewis wins, Nico needs only finish on the podium.  If Lewis doesn't win but finishes second, Nico can still win the championship by finishing sixth, maybe seventh if he has more race wins than Lewis, and I admit, I haven't been following that aspect.
Life is short - live each day to the fullest.

Offline Ian

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2016, 08:43:39 PM »
Lewis's starts haven't helped him either.
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline MotoTurbo

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2016, 01:25:45 PM »
I want Rosberg to win, since Lewis been on the winning streak from last 3 years.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle