collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 579
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: OOPS!!! .. Ferarri got it very Wrong!  (Read 3597 times)

Offline Calman

OOPS!!! .. Ferarri got it very Wrong!
« on: June 06, 2018, 12:42:40 AM »
Ferarri's promotional video for the GP of Toronto!! ... err, Montreal.
https://globalnews.ca/news/4255278/ferrari-mistakes-toronto-montreal-grand-prix-video/?utm_medium=Facebook&utm_source=GlobalOkanagan

It seems that they are in no hurry to correct their error either!!

The fully exposed version from CTV ...
https://www.ctvnews.ca/sports/ferrari-says-it-s-ready-for-montreal-grand-prix-with-a-pic-of-toronto-skyline-1.3960794

Edit: Yes, my spulling of Ferarri was deliberate also!  ;) ;)

Best Regards,
Cal :)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 12:56:28 AM by Calman »

Anyone Have A Decent Pen?

Offline Robem64

Re: OOPS!!! .. Ferarri got it very Wrong!
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2018, 07:36:28 AM »
Oh dear...might be a couple of empty garages on the pit lane then
"I'm not a pessimist, I'm an optimist with experience"

Offline Scott

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2018, 07:38:15 AM »
 :DD :DD :DD :DD

Trivia:

In the 70's Toronto was sometimes referred to as the 5th largest Italian city in the world because at the time the only four cities in the world with more Italians was Rome, Milan, Napoli and Torino.  Florence, Genoa and all the rest of the Italian cities actually had fewer Italian descendants than Toronto.  When Italy won the World Cup of Soccer in 1970, the celebrations in Toronto were almost as big as Milan and Rome.  The city went crazy.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Calman

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2018, 08:13:51 AM »
So, can we expect this drama inside the Ferrari garage anytime soon? ...

Best Regards,

Offline Monty

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2018, 09:16:01 AM »
What's all the fuss, I mean there isn't much difference between Toronto and Montreal; they are close (about 350miles if I remember correctly); they are both near water (admittedly Toronto can claim quite a lot more water); it isn't as if they actually speak a different language or anything. And anyway Canada is just a small part of the USA isn't it? Ciao!

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2018, 11:07:11 AM »
Great cartoon, Calman :D

It reminds me of that time Sergio Perez nearly missed his first F3 race in Oulton Park. His concerned team boss called him to ask where he was and he said "I've just crossed the big bridge".

Cue puzzlement as Oulton Park is not noted for its bridges. On further inquiry, the boss discovered that Sergio had put the wrong thing into his GPS, had just crossed the Severn bridge into Wales and was headed for Pembrey.

154 miles and about 3 hours later, the bemused team was finally reunited with its driver.
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline Scott

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2018, 11:51:00 AM »
What's all the fuss, I mean there isn't much difference between Toronto and Montreal; they are close (about 350miles if I remember correctly); they are both near water (admittedly Toronto can claim quite a lot more water); it isn't as if they actually speak a different language or anything. And anyway Canada is just a small part of the USA isn't it? Ciao!

Monty is trolling us Canadians again  ;)

It's only about 200 miles between them, and suggesting Toronto has more water is questionable since 100% of Lake Ontario empties into the St. Lawrence, which flows through Montreal's front yard.  Montreal is in Quebec, but you will find that more than half of its population speaks English fluently and a good chunk can call English their mother tongue.  Small is the US, and if the Brits hadn't screwed up so badly, the continent would still all be Canada.

Offline Monty

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2018, 01:21:24 PM »
^^ :DD :DD
Damn - is it really only 200miles? I must have got really lost when I drove from Toronto to Montreal. I used to work for a Corporation with its Head Office in Montreal. I visited Parc Jean-Drapeau (I hope I got the name correct) and it looked fantastic - definitely one of the F1 races I would like to visit.
I rephrase my snub about water to say that Toronto can claim a larger expanse of water..... It is about time you Canadians got over the Brits screwing up. Us Brits have to live with the Brits screwing up daily!

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2018, 03:34:02 PM »
The number one insult to Canadians is to be confused for an American.

The number two insult for Canadians is to be confused for a Torontonion (unless you are a Torontonion.  It's not possible to insult a Torontonion, since they won't listen to you.)

Offline Calman

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2018, 03:58:20 PM »
My wife explained the "often" confusion between things "American" and "Canadian" .... then I explained the confusion between things "UK" ... "British" ... "Great Britain" ... "British Isles" ... and I THINK??? I won!!!!  :yahoo:

So, in this debate, who is winning, The Brits, The Canadians or The Italians???  :DD

Best Regards,

Offline Scott

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2018, 04:32:01 PM »
I love telling Brits they sound like Australians. 

Offline Calman

« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2018, 04:39:17 PM »
I love telling Brits they sound like Australians.

Actually we (my wife and I) were having this debate just the other day.  There are certain regional accents in England (think Midlands to some degree) which can sound like a polite Australian accent for just a few words and when my wife meets someone in a local store, she carefully asks "Sorry! ... am I picking up an accent? .. English or Australian??" ... as we have a lot of both cultures in our area.

On the Ferrari thing ... it would be nice if Montreal could slap together a Tourism Ad for visiting Italy and slap a photo of the Eiffel Tower in the backdrop!!!  :tease:

Best Regards,

Offline Scott

« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2018, 05:40:49 PM »
No, I love throwing it out there to get a reaction  :P :P :P

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2018, 07:04:39 PM »
Maybe this is Ferrari's way of dropping a hint that they really are going to IndyCar. After all, IndyCar races in Toronto.

(Who says we Yanks love conspiracy theories.)
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Calman

« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2018, 07:28:01 PM »
Maybe this is Ferrari's way of dropping a hint that they really are going to IndyCar. After all, IndyCar races in Toronto.

.. you could be onto something there cosworth151!!!  (mind you, if Ferrari do arrive in Toronto this coming weekend, there will be nobody around to get In-dy-car).  Yes, that was pretty bad eh?  :D

Best Regards,

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle