collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 466
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Austria h and z's  (Read 5627 times)

Offline Dare

Austria h and z's
« on: July 02, 2018, 12:32:34 AM »

Kimi -   for a great run

Ferrari-   for not making  Kimi move over

Haas- for good positions even if it was the fault of  cars breaking down

Zeros

Max- no reason other than I don't like him

Mercedes- for keeping Lewis out even though in the end it didn't matter

think of more later

Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

guest3164

Re: Austria h and z's
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2018, 08:04:31 AM »
Heroes:

Max- I don't like him, but it was one of his most mature, sensible drives to date.

Kimi- Ferrari let him drive and he paid them back for it. 

Grosjean- For getting some good fortune.

Alonso- For somehow getting a point

Zeroes:

Williams- For going backwards and letting one of it's drivers get a penalty

Mercedes- For Honda like reliability :tease:

Offline Monty

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2018, 01:41:23 PM »
Kimi -   for a great run

Bottas -  (zero for the initial start, but) Hero for getting back to second. Wow, does that guy deserve some luck?

Both Haas drivers - genuinely fast and with some luck drove sensibly into good points positions

Zeros

Max- still thinking 'bumper car' style driving is acceptable (and I don't like him). He should watch the Bottas, Hamilton, Kimi start - side by side with only millimetres to spare but still no contact!!

Mercedes- for keeping Lewis out; did Lewis switching on 'party mode' in an attempt to catch the others result in the failure??

Williams - just because! They have a great engine. How can they be so slow everywhere??

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2018, 06:54:48 PM »
Mine will be brief because I could only watch the first part of the race.

Heroes:

Haas - P4 & P5  :yahoo:  :yahoo:  :yahoo:

Zeroes:

Mercedes - Double DNF
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2018, 09:46:48 PM »
Turns out Max was not only battling blistered tires, but R/B turned the power down on his engine after Daniel DNF'd to prevent another failure. When Kimi started closing in on Max near the finish, they turned it back up to hold Kimi off.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/verstappen-engine-turned-down-after-ricciardo-failure-1054513/
Lonny

Offline Dare

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2018, 01:07:55 AM »
Regarding Max,has any driver ever been so disliked
in the history of F1. Will Rogers never met Max
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Calman

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2018, 01:54:38 AM »
Regarding Max,has any driver ever been so disliked
in the history of F1. Will Rogers never met Max

If I am being honest here, I can't truly understand why everyone has such a venomous hate on for Max? ... No, I am no particular fan, nor am I a 'Max Hater' and although we all know he has said/done a few things in the past, he is still young and still learning, regardless of the fact that he has been around a few seasons now.

Should I sit down and have a long think about it, I am sure I would dig up a driver or two from the past who was less than loved by most F1 fans at the time.  Off the cuff, Schumy and Vettel had their moments of "anti fans" back in the day!!  (nothing to do with their obvious talent, as we are simply taking "like/dislike" here).

Best Regards,
Cal :)
Anyone Have A Decent Pen?

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2018, 02:49:55 AM »
I don't know about F1 (Actually, Senna was disliked by many until he died), but Kyle Busch was roundly booed by 50K or so NASCAR fans Sunday after a bump pass for a win in Chicago.

Lonny

Offline Dare

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2018, 04:40:06 AM »
I was talking F1 Lonny. I never cared much for Senna but
I respected him and same for Shumi. Max no respect at all.
I can't hold his young age a reason for his crappy I do what I
want attitude. 

Offline Calman

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2018, 07:02:57 AM »
Is everyone forgetting when Vettel 'couldn't be told' and Horner pretty much couldn't control his actions on track (Multi 21 being "one" of the most memorable) ... and I believe he was more mature (in age) than Max at that point in his career?

Ironically, I don't mind Seb these days (although he occasionally BLEEPS UP!!!!) .... but back in 2011/12, he was a spoiled little brat and in a lot of ways, worse than I see Max conduct himself overall.

Am I wearing blinkers, or is that a fair comparison?

I won't even bring up Mr Schumy, Adelaide, 1994!!

Best Regards,
Anyone Have A Decent Pen?

Offline Monty

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2018, 12:54:48 PM »
Re. Max; it is all about consistency for me. He whines if anyone touches him, gets too close to him, in any way gets in his way but he thinks it is perfectly OK for him to bump people out of the way, weave all over the track if someone is trying to pass him, run cars out wide during a perfectly reasonable overtake, etc.
Also he has never shown any 'gratitude' for getting the RBR seat. Yes he was good in the lower ranks but there were better. He got the seat because his Millionaire Dad 'chatted-up' Marko.

Offline Dare

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2018, 01:16:43 PM »
Re. Max; it is all about consistency for me. He whines if anyone touches him, gets too close to him, in any way gets in his way but he thinks it is perfectly OK for him to bump people out of the way, weave all over the track if someone is trying to pass him, run cars out wide during a perfectly reasonable overtake, etc.
Also he has never shown any 'gratitude' for getting the RBR seat. Yes he was good in the lower ranks but there were better. He got the seat because his Millionaire Dad 'chatted-up' Marko.

Exactly

Offline Robem64

« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2018, 02:57:16 PM »
Is everyone forgetting when Vettel 'couldn't be told' and Horner pretty much couldn't control his actions on track (Multi 21 being "one" of the most memorable) ... and I believe he was more mature (in age) than Max at that point in his career?

Ironically, I don't mind Seb these days (although he occasionally BLEEPS UP!!!!) .... but back in 2011/12, he was a spoiled little brat and in a lot of ways, worse than I see Max conduct himself overall.

Am I wearing blinkers, or is that a fair comparison?

I won't even bring up Mr Schumy, Adelaide, 1994!!

Best Regards,

totally agree Cal....i've also warmed to Vettel too.
"I'm not a pessimist, I'm an optimist with experience"

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2018, 03:08:31 PM »
I'm no fan of Max, but he has shown signs of mellowing a bit this season.

I grant that he is very, very unpopular, but no more than others I can think of were in their time. Juan Pablo Montoya comes to mind. Nikki Lauda and Jacques Villeneuve have done a fine job of remaining highly disliked long after their driving days ended.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2018, 03:26:54 PM »
I don't know that Mercedes qualifies for a 'zero' leaving Hamilton out.  Had they brought Hamilton in, it would have allowed RBR/Ferrari to split their strategies and force Lewis to run in traffic, leading to a third place finish.

It is easy to say it was the wrong call, but I don't know that bringing him in on the VSC would have been any better (DNF obviously not withstanding).

I'm glad that teams don't feel the need to play it safe and are willing to make gambles.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle