Everything Else > Entertainment, Games & Computers

Sky F1 channel

<< < (3/3)

lkjohnson1950:
Agree with that.

Alianora La Canta:
Sorry to burst the bubble, but the offer is £10 extra a month, not £10 a month. (This also explains why Virgin cannot relay the offer; they don't have a Sky basic package to add it onto, but a custom Virgin-only combination).

This matters because it's £22 a month to get the basic package if you are a new customer. (Existing customers may be on any number of price points, as these change frequently and are themselves sometimes on stackable offers, and the offer is open to any customer not currently contracted for Sky F1 specifically). Note that the offer is for 24 months, with the last 6 months being £5 more expensive to account for a planned rise in the cost of the basic Sky package in September 2020.

Andy B:

--- Quote from: Andy B on March 11, 2019, 12:37:14 AM ---Sky TV here have dropped F1 and Spark a broadband supplier have taken it up but with less than a week to go there is very little information except they have already said they will show Quali and the race on a TV channel they own but no practice and no idea who the commentary is to be by.
Its a complete shambles!

--- End quote ---

The mist is clearing and its not so much of a shambles but needs to improve.
Spark Sport claimed they were using a "Beta" system which is fine as it indicates they are tuning the real deal but if they had advertised that they would be streaming the Sky Sports F1 feed a lot of people would have been more content including me.
It's unclear how they are going to perform compared to how Sky Sport NZ performed and only time will tell.
Interestingly the two top guys at Sky NZ both left after they lost the F1 and rugby rights remembering that it's a Rugby World Cup year and it's the national game here and the new guy at Sky NZ admits they have made an error.
Hopefully this will pan out well I can only live in hope.

Wizzo:
I still use the Now TV option as I find this is the cheapest way to watch F1 in the UK.

Buy a NowTV Stick here and then I pay £8.99 (Sky F1 day pass) for any race that is not shown on Channel 4.

The whole season costs me £60-£70 (depending on how many races are exclusive to Sky) with no contract.

Wiz

Robem64:

--- Quote from: Wizzo on March 22, 2019, 10:31:17 AM ---I still use the Now TV option as I find this is the cheapest way to watch F1 in the UK.

Buy a NowTV Stick here and then I pay £8.99 (Sky F1 day pass) for any race that is not shown on Channel 4.

The whole season costs me £60-£70 (depending on how many races are exclusive to Sky) with no contract.

Wiz

--- End quote ---

This is the option I go for too Wizzo - works for me :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version