Everything Else > Off Topic

To our American friends: how are you doing?

<< < (3/5) > >>

Dare:

--- Quote from: lkjohnson1950 on January 09, 2021, 11:14:42 PM ---Many of the organizers are saying Watch This Space, indicating they are planning more for the 19 or 20 of January. I hope not. :fool:

--- End quote ---

Trump tweeted before he was banned or had someone
tweet to those who asked I won't be at the inauguration .
Whether that's a code who knows. I hope not but their
dealing with a highly unstable individual who's  capable
of anything. Sorry but this isn't simple protesting.

Jericoke:

--- Quote from: Dare on January 09, 2021, 11:42:18 PM ---
--- Quote from: lkjohnson1950 on January 09, 2021, 11:14:42 PM ---Many of the organizers are saying Watch This Space, indicating they are planning more for the 19 or 20 of January. I hope not. :fool:

--- End quote ---

Trump tweeted before he was banned or had someone
tweet to those who asked I won't be at the inauguration .
Whether that's a code who knows. I hope not but their
dealing with a highly unstable individual who's  capable
of anything. Sorry but this isn't simple protesting.

--- End quote ---

I agree it's not simple protesting, but it's not an organized movement either.  While they have a 'goal', they have no real plan to achieve it. 

Hopefully no one who actually knows how to run a mob to get results can step into the power vacuum being created.

lkjohnson1950:
There is sketchy evidence emerging that it may be far better organized than originally thought. People like General Flynn may be behind it.

Dare:
I can't believe the people that are falling for the lies
and total crap he puts out. It wasn't a rigged election and he
knows it. Four years we've been warned how dangerous he is
even by his niece. What's really bad is when a deranged nut has
the nuclear codes.

John S:

--- Quote from: Dare on January 10, 2021, 05:11:29 AM ---I can't believe the people that are falling for the lies
and total crap he puts out. It wasn't a rigged election and he
knows it. Four years we've been warned how dangerous he is
even by his niece. What's really bad is when a deranged nut has
the nuclear codes.

--- End quote ---

Whilst I understand where you're coming from Dare it can be foolish to call an opposing faction stupid and feeble minded.

It's the sort of rhetoric aimed at Brexit supporters in Britain a while back. Evidence seems to suggest this only strengthens the resolve of those it's aimed at, and worse than that encourages moderate voices to disengage.

My understanding of the Nuclear issue is that there are safeguards in place and use is not soley on simple Presidential command.
I'm sure we - the rest of the world that is - would all be very, very scared of the US if we thought otherwise. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version