Everything Else > Off Topic

To our American friends: how are you doing?

<< < (4/5) > >>

cosworth151:

--- Quote ---While they have a 'goal', they have no real plan to achieve it. 
--- End quote ---

An excellent description of the American government for the last four years.

Even after all that happened earlier this week, the far right is still claiming that the election was "stolen." They are even claiming that the Georgia run off elections were somehow rigged. As of yet, they haven't offered a single bit of proof for any of it.

Have any of you ever seen the film Citizen Kane? Newspaper owner Charles Foster Kane runs for governor. This happens in the newspaper office the morning after the election. Director Orson Wells meant it to show how far gone Kane was. Audiences laughed to think such a thing could happen.

Dare:
Funny I read today according to one of his aides
that one thing about the riots that upset trump was
the rioters looked low class and donnie doesn't like
low class things.

Funny too was my cousin told me to go screw myself
not in those words and not to call him ever again.

lkjohnson1950:
I simply do not understand what attracts people to Trump and creates such loyalty.

Dare:

--- Quote from: lkjohnson1950 on January 10, 2021, 08:11:00 PM ---I simply do not understand what attracts people to Trump and creates such loyalty.

--- End quote ---

Why did people follow Jim Jones, Mussolini, or Hitler

Jericoke:

--- Quote from: lkjohnson1950 on January 10, 2021, 08:11:00 PM ---I simply do not understand what attracts people to Trump and creates such loyalty.

--- End quote ---

Humans are social creatures, and will naturally seek out a community to belong to.  Say what you will about Donald Trump, but he saw a large community of people and told them exactly what they wanted to hear.  I have no idea if it was by accident or on purpose (let's not forget it was mostly Steve Bannon's 'community' originally), but even Trump could see what was working.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version