collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 608
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Top ten modern proposal songs  (Read 4726 times)

davewilson

Top ten modern proposal songs
« on: March 21, 2007, 05:37:14 PM »
In the mid-nineties, Sting began inviting audience members up to the stage during concerts to sing the song "I'm So Happy, I Can't Stop Crying" with him. This was then followed by the guest proposing to the woman he'd brought to the concert with him. Though the practice itself is not strange, the choice of song is, as the piece in question is about divorce. In order to get your life together off to a good start, here are some more appropriate melodies by which to pop the question.

1 "In Your Eyes" by Peter Gabriel. Though it may be somewhat cliched in the wake of Say Anything, for a couple who came of age in the late eighties/early nineties, this tune will forever be married to the image of John Cusack with cinema's most romantic ghetto blaster held above his head.

2 "You're My Best Friend" by Queen. You've known her for years, you were pals long before you were lovers, and now you want to spend the rest of your life with her. It really says everything one could want to say about what a marriage should be.

3 "Something" by the Beatles. For those who want to let her know what exactly it is that you love about her, go with the ambiguity of George Harrison's ode to the je n'sais quoi that makes the women we love special.

4 "Your Song" by Elton John. This is a classic declaration of love made all the more so by its stunning use in the romantic musical Moulin Rouge.

5 "I'll Stand By You" by the Pretenders. This song offers a promise of steadfastness that can't be shaken by whatever looms down life's winding roads.

6 "All I Want is You" by U2. Used to great effect in Reality Bites, this little number is sure to assure her that she's the centre of your universe. A real Gen-X romantic classic, it's sure to elicit a "yes" to whatever question you care to pose.

7 "Wicked Game" by Chris Isaak. If there's a sexier song in existence, I'm hard-pressed to name it. This is one for a candlelit proposal accompanied by longing glances and soulful kisses.

8 "Fields of Gold" by Sting. This Sting song abandons divorce in favour of fidelity and an end to wandering eyes.

9 "For My Lady" by the Moody Blues. A song of chivalric proportions, the singer makes offers of life and limb in the service of his love.

10 "The Elephant Love Medley" from Moulin Rouge. For those unable to come up with an appropriate song, this is the kitchen-sink approach, stitching together every pop ballad on the subject into a full barrage of romantic sentiment with manic abandon.
Of course, there are always alternative genres to mine for a truly memorable piece of music by which to commemorate your truly memorable event. In any case, it's the thought that counts in love, music, and most everything that matters.

What is the Top 10 for divorce?

To get things on the move:
1. Highway to Hell. AC/DC
The Stig

Offline Ian

Re: Top ten modern proposal songs
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2007, 07:10:12 PM »
 I want to break free :- Queen

Freebird :- Lynyrd Skynyrd
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline cosworth151

Re: Top ten modern proposal songs
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2007, 01:28:58 PM »
I Want To Be Free - The Monkees

Thank God and Greyhound she's Gone - Roy Clark

You're the Reason Our Kids are Ugly - Loretta Lynn

And, the world's best proposal AND divorce song - Paradise by the Dashboard Light - Meatloaf
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle