Everything Else > Off Topic

What's your pass time

<< < (3/4) > >>

cosworth151:
Most of the clubs & bars around here use steel tips. Many even have dart leagues. Both the AMVETS & V.F.W. Posts I belong to have teams.

Here in the hills, we even have hatchet throwing bars. there i one right up the road from where Sheri lives:

https://www.hungrybuffalo.com/axe-throwing

As for my past times, most of you already know about my photography & my involvement in the Sons of AMVETS. I'm also a model railroader. I got my first H.O. scale train for Christmas in 1959. My "pike" is the Lancaster & Run (L&HR). This is one of my trains running on the Ohio State Fair layout a few years ago.

Jericoke:

--- Quote from: cosworth151 on February 22, 2021, 03:35:05 PM ---Most of the clubs & bars around here use steel tips. Many even have dart leagues. Both the AMVETS & V.F.W. Posts I belong to have teams.

Here in the hills, we even have hatchet throwing bars. there i one right up the road from where Sheri lives:

https://www.hungrybuffalo.com/axe-throwing

As for my past times, most of you already know about my photography & my involvement in the Sons of AMVETS. I'm also a model railroader. I got my first H.O. scale train for Christmas in 1959. My "pike" is the Lancaster & Run (L&HR). This is one of my trains running on the Ohio State Fair layout a few years ago.

--- End quote ---

My dad did model railroading when he was a kid.  Alas, when my brother and I found his stuff... we thought it was fun to create a 'train wreck', which was fun, but you can only play once.

I thought about getting into it with my kids and... holy hell it's an expensive hobby.  The stuff we smashed could probably fund an F1 team!

Andy B:
My Grandson likes his railway in HO and British rolling stock I even had The Flying Scotsman that I gave my son one Christmas re-conditioned so that he could give it to his son at Christmas. When I was a kid I had a loco called Princess Elizabeth with a Royal Mail coach that dropped mail bags off and re-collected them so I found one and got him that too. They are expensive but if you give them the incentive and they get the bug they will not be able to afford alcohol and drugs!  ;)

Jericoke:

--- Quote from: Dare on February 21, 2021, 05:27:10 PM ---
--- Quote from: Jericoke on February 21, 2021, 03:51:54 PM ---
--- Quote from: Dare on February 20, 2021, 11:58:12 PM ---
I haven't played bar darts in years.  How do you have plastic tipped darts?

https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/f/soft-tip-darts-4246-201718?filterFacets=facetStore%3AISA%2CSHIP

--- End quote ---

Anything to get out of doing math, eh?

--- End quote ---

I think it's more in electronic darts you have to feed the machine money to play. I don't know if the bars made you play darts with steel tips.

--- End quote ---

I thought 'not doing math' was a very American solution.

But having to pay extra to play darts is certainly MORE American, isn't it?

Wizzo:
As many of you know I am very much into Caterham cars. I am on my second one now (picture below), this is the 620S model (310bhp/550kg). It's a bit like owning a tiger - sure you may bond with it, you may even love it, but you can't help feeling that one day it will turn on you and kill you.

Caterham once told me that if you don't look at a Caterham and sh*t yourself about driving it - then you need to upgrade!

Owning a Caterham led me down the path of redesigning the rear lights. This then led to a full on world wide business (Just Add Lightness) that now occupies every waking minute of my spare time.

This is now leading to further developments, possibly in the US......

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version