F1 News & Discussions > General F1 Discussion

Baku Heroes & Zeros

<< < (2/2)

Monty:
.....in reverse order  :crazy:
Baku - I hate it when I am watching a race live but wished I was watching a recording so I could fast forward!
FIA - why on earth did they restart? The potential for a disaster on the first corner was reason enough not to start the race. Also, the people that had worked hard all race, deserved not to be thrown into a last minute lottery!
Bottas - oh dear, oh dear!

I think most valid opinions have been covered by other clever people here.
As far as I am concerned the jury is out on Pirelli - too many tyres finished intact to assume that there was a fundamental flaw in the tyre construction. I think there will be other reasons.
I am in the camp of putting Hamilton in the unlucky hero category. He had worked miracles all weekend to be somewhere near the front and he didn't deserve the disastrous ending (even if he can be blamed for knocking the 'magic' switch off).

cosworth151:
Besides things listed above -

Heroes:

Schumacher - For the reasons Ali listed above.

I'm still waiting for further info on Pirelli. During the race, it reminded me of the Michelin debacle at the 2005 Indy U.S.G.P. We'll see how it all shakes out.

Alianora La Canta:

--- Quote from: monty on June 08, 2021, 09:11:03 AM ---FIA - why on earth did they restart? The potential for a disaster on the first corner was reason enough not to start the race. Also, the people that had worked hard all race, deserved not to be thrown into a last minute lottery!

--- End quote ---

The regulations require a restart if possible (i.e. if the track can be made usable and still be in the 3-hour total maximum time permitted for the race), and further require a standing restart unless there's a reason why this cannot happen (basically, if it's about as risky as a standard Lap 1 start, it's going to be a standing restart). "Potential for first-corner chaos", by itself, does not qualify for either a stoppage or a rolling restart, because Lap 1 has the same potential for first-corner chaos (because when the FIA does that risk assessment, it does not assume that qualifying put the cars into anything resembling their actual pace).

Scott:
I'm pleased they did the restart.  It's nice to see Lewis make a silly mistake that hands the race over to someone else.  A much more interesting podium IMO.

Robem64:

--- Quote from: Scott on June 15, 2021, 05:28:37 PM ---I'm pleased they did the restart.  It's nice to see Lewis make a silly mistake that hands the race over to someone else.  A much more interesting podium IMO.

--- End quote ---

Totally agree with this Scott  :good:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version