collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 561
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16159 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11276 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Should Max swap cars with Checo to prove nowt wrong with his F1 chassis?  (Read 2408 times)

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
Came across this interesting article on The-race.com explaining that there's no rule breach to swapping drivers & cars, either in team or between teams, but will RBR consider it?
Should Max be a good teamate & help by driving Checo's car at a GP?  :DntKnw:

In the past b4 cost cap new tubs/chassis have often been rolled out to try & solve big variance in teamate performances, maybe something new needs trying?

However its highly unlikely Max or RBR will try a chassis/car swap, especially as the competition are now edging closer to a win. 

https://the-race.com/formula-1/should-red-bull-put-verstappen-in-perezs-car-to-benchmark-it/

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline cosworth151

I think the main problem with the idea of them doing an FP1 car swap would be Max. Does anyone think that Max would do something to help his team and his teammate that might prove that his domination of the season so far comes as much from the car from the car as from his driving?
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Online Jericoke

If it is a chassis problem, and Checo has been using the same chassis all season, wouldn't he be the one causing the problem in the first place?  (I suppose it could be something in transit too)

If they were in a dog fight for the championship, it would make sense to make a switch just for diagnostic purposes, but they really aren't.  RBR doesn't give a f--- where Checo finishes as long as they get the WDC and WCC locked up.

They just have more to lose than gain by putting Max in a maybe broken car. 

On second though, maybe they should make sure that Checo's chassis is okay, in case Max has a bad shunt in practice and they need to switch him over to Checo's car for qualifying.

Offline Dare

Max proved in the last race  last season that he has no intention of helping Perez. I doubt he's sweetened up any since then
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Alianora La Canta

There's no reason Max would agree to this swap and besides, if Red Bull wished to test Checo's chassis for being sub-par, it would be far more efficient, cheaper and time-economic to do factory tests on it and replace the chassis with a box-fresh one if necessary.
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline lkjohnson1950

They could just replace the chassis for Checo's piece of mind. I'm sure they have a couple of spares.
Lonny

Online Jericoke

There's no reason Max would agree to this swap

I mean, he might be the 'star' of the team, but he's not the boss.  He's a dominant driver with a massive fan base, but he's still replaceable if he's going to make the people giving the orders look bad.  (Indeed, I feel like some of the behavior Red Bull turns a blind eye to diminishes them as a brand in my eyes) 

I really don't know how the whole corporate structure/support works without Mateschitz in the picture either.  Maybe as long as they're winning, no one cares, but Max putting out the image of a brat who won't cooperate could be an issue without that.

Offline Willy

This would entail Max actually being seen as a conciderate human and showing concern for his teammate.
Neither of these things will ever be true.

Offline Dare

This would entail Max actually being seen as a conciderate human and showing concern for his teammate.
Neither of these things will ever be true.

Yeah it reminds me of when Alonso was teamed up with
my favorite drive Fisichella. He whined once when Giancarlo
passed him. Being a stingy inconsiderate teamie is nothing new
in F1
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Alianora La Canta

There's no reason Max would agree to this swap

I mean, he might be the 'star' of the team, but he's not the boss.  He's a dominant driver with a massive fan base, but he's still replaceable if he's going to make the people giving the orders look bad.

He's not the boss of the team, he is replaceable and I don't like some of Max's behaviour. However, in this instance I think following his preferences (that Checo's chassis be tested in a way that doesn't involve Max changing anything) is likely to be in everyone at Red Bull's interests, including Checo's (in that the NDT testing at the factory is more likely to reveal if there is a chassis issue than swapping chassis with Max).
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle