collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 571
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Binotto to Alpine  (Read 10090 times)

Online Dare

Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Jericoke

Re: Binotto to Alpine
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2023, 01:39:23 PM »
It'll be good for Binotto to show what he can do without the absurd pressure/micromanagement of Ferrari.

Of course, I feel like Alpine is just as bad, but without the history to be entitled to it.

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2023, 03:17:53 PM »
This could be a great move for Alpine - if they give him time to get things done.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Willy

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2023, 09:09:04 PM »
I hope he does well there and is given room to grow into the position and make it his.

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2023, 01:13:11 AM »
Rebuilding/reorganizing a team, getting the right people into the right jobs is what Binotto does best. He'll get results if they give him enough time and good support.
Lonny

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2023, 09:50:56 PM »
Yeah but will Alpine/Renault give anyone enough time to turn things around?  :DntKnw:

Another 2 or 3 year plan will take them into the new regs of 26, now I'm not a big betting fan so I certainly won't be betting Alpine/Renault will come out on top in new regs era.

It'd take a bloody miracle for them to get either the PU or car right, both at same time - no chance.  :D

Having said that I'm sure there are some new faces set to join the Enstone crew near or after end of the year, courtesy Otmar's recruitment drive, now if Binotto can dovetail them into the present set up and can spot who is an engineering or aero leader I reckon we may see a turnaround, not a title challenge but better results in 24.
Might have to dump journeyman Ocon as well.  ;) 
Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2023, 10:16:45 AM »
Ferrari couldn't keep Mattia; he'd made too much of a mess of 2022 to be considered for retention (basically he over-promised, under-delivered and didn't have a realistic plan for retrieving the situation, as supported by the 2023 Ferrari design that he led for most of its creation).

I'm now worried about Alpine's future. Top brass that appears to be looking for an excuse to exit, is imposing a 5-year plan and a new leader who has a track record of failing 5-year plans and doesn't know most of the other staff or the psuedopolitical situation.
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle