collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 569
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Hamilton signs with Mercedes for 2 more years  (Read 5800 times)

Offline cosworth151

Hamilton signs with Mercedes for 2 more years
« on: September 01, 2023, 05:09:17 PM »
Lewis Hamilton has finally made it official. He's re-upped with Mercedes for two more years. He sounds hopeful:

“We have never been hungrier to win. We have learnt from every success but also every setback. We continue to chase our dreams, we continue to fight no matter the challenge and we will win again. I’m grateful to the team who have supported me both on and off the track. Our story isn’t finished, we are determined to achieve more together and we won’t stop until we do.”

I haven't seen anything about any of the terms of the deal.

https://racer.com/2023/08/31/hamilton-signs-two-year-contract-extension-with-mercedes/

“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
Re: Hamilton signs with Mercedes for 2 more years
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2023, 10:05:15 AM »

I haven't seen anything about any of the terms of the deal.

Other sites are claiming Lewis will get pay parity with Max at 50m a year, whether that's £, $ or Euro depends on which report you choose to read Cossie.

Also other reports suggest Lewis may have been holding out for a 5 year deal but had to settle for just 2 years, it's rumoured Merc Head office may have had something to do with that. 
Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2023, 01:58:35 PM »
I'm a little surprised that Hamilton isn't getting some ownership as part of the deal.  Mercedes has been slowly divesting of the company, and a lot of their value is tied up in having Hamilton as the face of the team.  Giving him a stake, making sure he sticks around once his driving days are done (and as part owner, incentivized to get out when his driving days are done) to provide leadership in the same capacity that Lauda did.

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2023, 09:14:30 PM »
I'm a little surprised that Hamilton isn't getting some ownership as part of the deal.  Mercedes has been slowly divesting of the company, and a lot of their value is tied up in having Hamilton as the face of the team.  Giving him a stake, making sure he sticks around once his driving days are done (and as part owner, incentivized to get out when his driving days are done) to provide leadership in the same capacity that Lauda did.

No room for that Jeri, the Merc F1 operation was hived off from the main Merc brand a few years back.
It was split into 3 shares of a third each, (1) Daimler/Merc (2) Toto & (3) Jim Ratcliffe the INEOS billionaire.

Now you say who should give Lewis a cut of the pie.

I rather think Merc & INEOS owner Jim are probably less in hoc to Lewis than Toto now F1 teams at front of grid are worth well over a Billion - or maybe 2.  :swoon:
Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Andy B

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2023, 06:05:24 PM »
No parity with MV as he is paid in $ and LH is being paid in £ to the tune of 50 mill per year if you believe the press.
Once you have retired every day is a Saturday!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle