collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 618
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Lewis shock F1 move to Maranello sends Ferrari share price soaring.  (Read 5698 times)

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
If Ferrari issues a few hundred k of shares now they might clear Lewis total contract salary in one simple transaction.  ;) :D  :DD

https://www.crash.net/f1/news/1043962/1/lewis-hamilton-move-causes-ferrari-stock-price-skyrocket-7-billion

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Jericoke

Re: Lewis shock F1 move to Maranello sends Ferrari share price soaring.
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2024, 05:09:17 PM »
Normally companies raise their share prices by firing people.

Nice to see share prices going up on news of hiring people!

Offline rmassart

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2024, 05:23:05 PM »
They might have to fire a few to pay his wages...

I wonder if this is as inspired a switch as when he moved to Mercedes. What does he know that others don't? Or is he simply cashing in for his retirement?

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2024, 05:56:13 PM »
Or could it be a case of "everyone wants to drive for Ferrari?"
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2024, 07:42:20 PM »
Or could it be a case of "everyone wants to drive for Ferrari?"

Certainly if Hamilton wants to continue using his career as a 'platform for change', Ferrari offers a bigger platform than Mercedes.

And of course, everyone wants to race for Ferrari.

Still, feels like a mess waiting to unfold.  If LeClerc thought he was 'the future' of Ferrari, that's going to be a bit of a kick in the teeth.  Unless he feels he can learn from Hamilton as a mentor... in 2 years time.  Sainz, what is he supposed to feel?  Can he really dedicate himself to the team?  If he finds himself in an 'all things being equal' position, would he listen to team orders or just do what's best for Sainz?

Or is this just silly season nonsense?  (If it is, and Ferrari's share value really did soar, then certainly there's some legal questions)

Offline Andy B

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2024, 08:10:23 PM »
This is no surprise and LH has always stated his desire to race for Ferrari I doubt its financial as he's not short of a few bob!
So just 12 months to wait and we shall see but is this the earliest start to the "Silly season" ever?
The musical seats has already started and so numerous I'll not go into it here.
I wonder how his Italian is coming on?
Once you have retired every day is a Saturday!

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2024, 03:30:54 PM »
This is no surprise and LH has always stated his desire to race for Ferrari I doubt its financial as he's not short of a few bob!
So just 12 months to wait and we shall see but is this the earliest start to the "Silly season" ever?
The musical seats has already started and so numerous I'll not go into it here.
I wonder how his Italian is coming on?

I feel like Hamilton is aware of his value as a driver, and knows if he were to take a 'discount' he would devalue the driver market as a whole, which he's not likely to do.  (Besides, driver payments are outside the salary cap, we know that Ferrari has the cash to splash around)

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2024, 09:25:15 PM »
If LeClerc thought he was 'the future' of Ferrari, that's going to be a bit of a kick in the teeth.  Unless he feels he can learn from Hamilton as a mentor... in 2 years time.

I think this is exactly what Leclerc thinks - learn what he can from Lewis and gradually work his way towards beating him, thus making himself that much stronger a candidate for the title.

Sainz… …If he finds himself in an 'all things being equal' position, would he listen to team orders or just do what's best for Sainz?

One of the Sky UK commentators was apparently told by a Ferrari insider just before Abu Dhabi that Sainz already does what's best for Sainz and Ferrari's simply had to work around it during 2023. Nobody said it at the time, but I get the feeling this helped bring forth this week's situation.
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle