collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 248
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16175 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
13015 Posts
John S John S
11290 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Nelson on the Move!  (Read 2505 times)

Offline Wizzo

Nelson on the Move!
« on: March 30, 2007, 05:11:11 PM »

It has been confirmed today that the Mayor of London, Ken Livingstone has secretly signed an agreement to move Nelson's column! The 165ft solid granite column will be dismantled, complete with the four solid bronze Lions and moved to an undisclosed location as part of the successful bid to host the 2012 Olympic games.

Nelson has stood proud in Trafalgar Square since 1840 and the news of his big move has stunned both Londoners and tourists alike. A 5,000 seat mini stadium with 'big' screens will be erected in the space where Nelson has stood proud for 167 years, and this will be used by tourists to watch the games free of charge.

A spokesman from the Mayors office refused to comment on the proposed new location of the column but did say "it has been common knowledge for some time that a mini stadium would be built to allow tourists to watch the 2012 games", he also added, "being able to see Nelsons Column next to the Olympic Stadium will be a stunning site and a fitting tribute to the opening of the games"

A survey carried out by 'Talk London' found that only 12% of Londoners thought it was a good idea to move the famous column, whereas 69% of tourists liked the idea of watching the games for free.

"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

GPWizard F1 Forum https://www.gpwizard.co.uk
:wizard:
Wizzo

Offline Neil.P

Re: Nelson on the Move!
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2007, 07:01:10 PM »
That man is a prat if ever there was one, and I'm not talking about Nelson! >:D

Neil.P

Offline Dare

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2007, 09:26:27 PM »

I'm not English,but it seems like after a 167 years
it's a slight to Nelson to move it
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Ian

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2007, 09:33:58 PM »
Reliable sources inform me that it will commence on Sunday at approx 00.01 hrs and will be completed by 11.59 am, no doubt Wizard will correct me if I am in error.
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline Neil.P

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2007, 09:39:25 PM »
Oh I geddit, it's an April fool before April arrives, genius. Does'nt make him any less of a prat though! :DD

Neil.P

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2007, 09:42:58 PM »
I think Stig and I discussed this about a week ago. An "undisclosed location?" does that mean they're putting it with Dick Chenny?

They are going to put it where nobody will ever find it - In the place where Toyota keeps their champagne for their victory celebration! :P
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Wizzo

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2007, 03:22:38 PM »

Ian, you caught me again! Your too good at this.  >:D

Does'nt make him any less of a prat though!

Who?? Me or Ken Livingstone?  :DntKnw:

"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

Wizzo

Offline Neil.P

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2007, 03:33:20 PM »
Hey Wiz, you don't think I'd say that about you do you???

Of course I'm talking about Ken ------>  >:D

Neil.P

Offline Wizzo

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2007, 03:35:13 PM »

Glad to hear it Neil  :D

Ken Livingstone should be the one who's moved!

Wizzo

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle