collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 576
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: We can be quick right from the start - Kubica  (Read 596 times)

davewilson

We can be quick right from the start - Kubica
« on: May 08, 2007, 08:02:19 PM »
In the three Formula One races contested in 2007 so far, Robert Kubica secured one points-finish - when coming sixth in the Bahrain Grand Prix. Now, the BMW Sauber Team driver is confident he will be able to add additional points to his tally at Barcelona.

"I'm looking forward to getting started in Europe again and am aiming to earn myself a few more points in the coming weeks," says Kubica. "Like all the Formula One teams we know the Barcelona track very well, thanks to all the testing we do here. However, the circuit has been revamped since last year. The last two corners are not as fast as they used to be and that will affect the car set-up."

Last week, the Pole and his team-mate, Nick Heidfeld, completed another extensive testing programme at Barcelona. Robert is happy with what was achieved in the tests. "It was important to go the right way and find the ideal balance for the car," he explains. "We have a lot of data at our disposal and I think we can be quick from the start."

Like Nick, Robert also has mixed emotions regarding the revamped 'Circuit de Catalunya'. "I like the track but I'm afraid the new corners have taken away some of its charm. Fast corners with high downforce are a real treat in a Formula One car. But now, the two high-speed corners have been replaced by a tight chicane where you are doing just 60 or 70 kph. We used to charge through that part of the track at 260 kph. This change to the track means less fun, but greater safety."

Better check the Grid Game Selections chaps.
I have posted mine.....I don't want to get too far ahead because i know i will get some stick off Ian
« Last Edit: May 08, 2007, 08:05:33 PM by The Stig »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle