collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 303
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16178 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
13016 Posts
John S John S
11293 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Alonso says catching Ferrari won't be easy  (Read 604 times)

davewilson

Alonso says catching Ferrari won't be easy
« on: May 09, 2007, 04:18:23 PM »
World champion Fernando Alonso believes his McLaren team will need to work very hard in order to catch rivals Ferrari this year.

Although Alonso is currently leading the championship after the first three races, the general impression is that Ferrari currently have the most competitive car of the field.

Alonso reckons McLaren will eventually be able to catch their Italian drivers, but the two-time champion is convinced the task will not be easy.

"Yes," said Alonso when asked if McLaren will catch Ferrari, "but catching them will not be easy because they also develop their cars a lot," Alonso told his country's El Pais newspaper in an interview.

"McLaren will need to have a brighter idea than Ferrari over the next few months, and that's what we are working on.

"In Barcelona we tried new aerodynamic components that could give us two or three tenths per lap, but I'm sure Ferrari will also have that."

Alonso is currently tied on points with Ferrari's Kimi Raikkonen and his own McLaren teammate Lewis Hamilton at the top of the standings.

The Spaniard, however, is hoping the championship battle becomes just a two-horse race as the season progresses.

"I hope so. That's just what I think, that the battle for the title is between two drivers, because three is too many," he added. "And, above all, I hope to be one of those two. We'll have to wait and see if the other one is Raikkonen, Massa or Hamilton.

"But Raikkonen, without a doubt, has all the ingredients to be one of the main candidates: he has the experience of having fought for a lot of titles, in 2003, 2004, and 2005, and I think he will be there during the whole championship."

Alonso, champion for the past two years with Renault, is expecting a tough fight to defend his title, but the Spaniard feels optimistic he will manage it.

"I don't know, I'm confident I will. I have a good feeling. It will be the hardest year because of the change of team and how close the championship is. But I hope that the equal terms and the high pressure to not make mistakes will give me the edge."

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle