collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 577
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Massa not worried by Alonso's Spanish speed  (Read 599 times)

davewilson

Massa not worried by Alonso's Spanish speed
« on: May 11, 2007, 06:37:32 PM »
Ferrari driver Felipe Massa said on Friday he was not at all worried by the early pace shown by rival and defending champion Fernando Alonso of McLaren Mercedes-Benz after the Spaniard had dominated opening practice for Sunday's Spanish Grand Prix.

Brazilian Massa, winner of the last race in Bahrain, was unable to match the speed of an inspired Alonso who put on a show for his fans in the grandstands at the Circuit de Catalunya.

Alonso set the fastest time of the day in the afternoon session to finish ahead of Italian Giancarlo Fisichella in a Renault. Another Renault driver Heikki Kovalainen of Finland was third and Massa was fourth ahead of Alonso's McLaren team-mate British rookie Lewis Hamilton, 22.

"Let's wait for tomorrow and see, when we have qualifying, and everyone is on the same fuel," said Massa.

"Now it is not really important for us what the others are doing, we just need to work on the car and get the right set-up.

"It's not a surprise to see Fernando ahead of everybody. The way we worked today is the way to improve the car for the race and I am sure we are going to be competitive."

Massa, whose team dominated last week's test in Barcelona, said he felt that Ferrari are capable of winning Sunday's race.

"I still have the same feeling. As I said, the lap-time of Fernando is a good lap-time, but it doesn't scare us, as we did a completely different work.

"Fernando maybe had a different strategy to Lewis, so maybe they are working already on qualifying which was definitely not the case (with us)."

Massa's Ferrari team-mate Kimi Raikkonen was sixth quickest.

Alonso said: "That was a great start to my home Grand Prix with a trouble free Friday practice.

"We went through the usual programme of tyre evaluation and set-up work, but had a pretty good balance early on.

"We have definitely improved the car further since Bahrain. I look forward to the rest of the weekend and really want to do my best for all the supporters."

His team-mate Hamilton added: "We completed our pre-planned programme focusing on tyres and set-up work. Everything went well. I set my fastest time early in the session and was able to be consistent throughout, so I'm fairly confident for the rest of the weekend."

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle