collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 547
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16159 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Heikki opens first ever F1 Second Life experience  (Read 598 times)

The Stig

Heikki opens first ever F1 Second Life experience
« on: May 26, 2007, 05:43:37 AM »
Renault F1 Team driver Heikki Kovalainen officially launched the ING Renault Team's presence in Second Life yesterday, becoming the first F1 Team to have fully interactive Second Life presence. The launch was marked by the first ever live 'virtual' Formula 1 press conference held entirely 'in world' in Second Life, with media and fans in attendance.

"It's been fascinating to take part in the press conference today, and to discover the virtual world of Second Life. As an F1 driver, I am used to speaking to the press a lot, and even to big real-life media conferences, but this was something completely different!” Heikki said after completing his first Second Life experience. “Obviously, the Second Life project is all about finding a new way to meet the fans, and to give them access to the Formula 1 experience.”

“This seems like a great way to do it, allowing people from all across the world to come together in one place, to discuss their passion for our sport. It is really in line with everything else that the ING Renault F1 Team does to try and take our sport out to the people: events like the city demonstration Roadshow I will be taking part in next weekend in Warsaw, for example.”

"I will be really interested to see how the community develops on the team's island, and I am sure I will be making more visits to Second Life in the future!"

The Finn completed a 15-minute Q&A session with Second Life journalists and fans, before taking part in the first official go-kart race on the island's circuit which, naturally, he won comfortably!

The island will open to the public on Friday, 25 May as the ING Renault F1 Team community on Second Life begins to grow.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle