collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 229
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16175 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
13015 Posts
John S John S
11290 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Hamilton not thinking about title yet  (Read 605 times)

The Stig

Hamilton not thinking about title yet
« on: June 14, 2007, 05:29:36 PM »
Lewis Hamilton insists he is not yet thinking of the title, despite having moved to the top of championship standings following his win in Canada.

"To be honest I try not to focus on that," Hamilton said in Indianapolis. "I came into the season with a very open mind, I have got a lot to learn.

"I have a great opportunity to be with the best team and have one of the best drivers to compare myself to.

"I still feel there will be time when there will be some lows and highs. It is way too early to start even thinking about the championship. I have to approach every race the same as I always have and do a solid job.

"Every time I am out in the car I learn something new, with rules, regulations, controls. I am learning bit by bit and will continue to do so," added the McLaren driver.

Hamilton is eight points ahead of teammate Fernando Alonso after having finished his first six races on the podium. The young Briton topped his sensational start with his maiden win on Sunday in Montreal, where he led from start to finish.

Hamilton admits he was not expecting to win so quickly.

"Obviously it is a big stepping stone in my career and my life and a great feeling to get the first win," said Hamilton. "I did not expect going into my sixth Grand Prix, especially in Canada which isn't one of my strongest circuits.

"I thought Fernando probably would be quicker than me, but I did a solid job, we extended our lead, I got great points for me, and coming here we have to try and continue that performance we have.

"The guys at the factory are working hard and not taking it lightly that we are ahead," added Hamilton after arriving 22 minutes late for the press conference.

"I was in New York for a couple of days and I went to Washington yesterday for another appearance for Exxon-Mobil, and getting back the flight was delayed from 4pm to 8pm, half an hour at a time, and then cancelled at 9pm. So we ended up staying in a hotel and luckily flew out this morning."

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle