collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 562
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: News from Cosworth @ Indianapolis F1 race  (Read 1937 times)

Offline claw_67

News from Cosworth @ Indianapolis F1 race
« on: June 14, 2007, 11:35:10 PM »
Greetings!  Cosworth doesn't have internet at his motel in Indy, so he's calling me occasionally and passing along news to post here.  I am your humble servant (snort!).

He arrived there Wednesday night, ready for the Thursday morning Pit Walk.

Today he left a message for the board (I didn't get the message until 6:30 pm, thus it's possibly old news now) that Kubica wasn't allowed to race (I know there's another thread here, but the details are slightly different).

Cosworth says:

"It's 3:35 pm EDT, and the medical delegates just said Kubica can't race after his wreck last week in Montreal.  They said it's too soon after the concussion he had, which is a shame because there are a ton of Poles here this weekend.  There's as much Polish red around here as Ferrari red, so I'll talk to you later!"

If Cos leave me any more F1 messages, I'll post them in this thread.  Y'all hang loose.

Claw_grrl67 (running under her assumed name, ha!)

Offline Dare

Re: News from Cosworth @ Indianapolis F1 race
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2007, 12:46:31 AM »
Cosworth should be ashamed for leaving you at home
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

The Stig

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2007, 09:03:31 AM »
Thanks Claw_grrl67,for keeping us up to date on the Indy.We had heard about Kubica not being allowed to race,but if he has anymore stories please post them here.If he can find out anything on the FIA Testing lighting conditions using the safety car at Indy?
Thanks Stig.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2007, 09:18:39 AM by The Stig »

Offline claw_67

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2007, 10:06:41 AM »
dare - it was my choice.  I'm more of a dirt-track or drag racer (or roller derby, especially if they used cars).  Plus, I'm not physically able to keep the pace that Cosworth does.  *limps about like Festus*

Cos called again later today and said he's using one of the new Kangaroo TVs - loves it, and will try to give up more info Friday (though I may not be here to post it come late afternoon - it's off to a birthday party for my mom).  Whatever he tells me or leaves on my answering machine, y'all will get it ASAP.

Claw

Offline claw_67

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2007, 10:09:36 AM »
Oh, he did tell me that he got a new 2kgigamawhatever memory card for his digicam, and knowing him, there will be about 657,905 pictures when he gets home.

He was downloading while we chatted by phone.

*nods knowingly*

Claw

Offline claw_67

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2007, 10:12:53 AM »
Today's update from Cosworth amounted to a lot of little details, like it's hotter than hell, spirits are high (and based on the sounds of celebration in the background, spirits are flowing freely, too), and Super Aguri team doesn't have enough merchandise (read: none).

He left a personal message for dare: "I was standing not 6-8 feet away from both Renault drivers!  Yes, I have pictures."

And for Wizard: "I've taken over 400 pictures today.  It took me 2 hours to dump them into the comp.  I can upload about 3 gig to the site, if you can handle them."  (this was followed by a suspiciously sarcastic snark, so I'm thinking that's a lot of pictures...)

Personally, I do not speak giga.hertza.mega.tech.ese., so I don't know how many pictures that is, but see my earlier message for commentary of Cosworth and photography.

OH!  And he said the Kangaroo TV is a damned handy thing to have, because you can pull up the in-car camera on whatever car you want to photograph, watch it's progress around the course, and when it's nearing your area, you can prepare to photograph that particular car.  It's working out like a charm, and he highly recommends them for any sporting event.

He also got a little social time with the Williams (right name?) team he worked for last year, doing computer stuff in their pits.

I think that's the extent of today's news, so I'm off to bed.

Claw

Offline romephius

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2007, 11:40:01 AM »
Great reporting there claw.......can you ask him a personal favour for Me (Rom), any picis of webber would be greatly appreciated.....thank you in advance.

Rom

Offline Dare

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2007, 12:31:24 PM »
Can't wait to see Cos's pics,especially
the Fisi pictures
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline claw_67

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2007, 04:38:30 AM »
Ah, it's been pointed out to me (by Cosworth, King of Trivia), that I mis-spoke.  Chester had the limp, not Festus.

:tease:

Offline Dare

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2007, 04:46:49 AM »
Cos is right Chester had the limp,Festus was the dumb one,
come to think of it they both were dumb

Ask Cos the name of the Indian sidekick on
Yancy Derringer and his real name ;)
« Last Edit: June 25, 2007, 05:05:58 AM by dare »

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2007, 05:02:21 AM »
Pahoo-Ka-Ta-Wah, played by X Brands :D

Cos
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Dare

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2007, 05:08:37 AM »
Pahoo-Ka-Ta-Wah, played by X Brands :D

Cos

Im impressed

I think any further questions would be useless
on my part

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2007, 05:19:22 AM »
Here's a little more. Jock Mahoney, who played Yancy, was Sally Field's stepfather.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Dare

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2007, 05:22:20 AM »
Here's a little more. Jock Mahoney, who played Yancy, was Sally Field's stepfather.

Believe it or not I knew that

How about the original Jane in the Tarzan films
is Mia Farrow's mom

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle