collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 310
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Nico Rosberg  (Read 5237 times)

FW14B

Nico Rosberg
« on: July 04, 2007, 10:34:11 PM »
How good do we think he has been this year?  Yes he has outqualified Wurz in every race so far (but that is not seemingly a hard thing to do), and he has done some fantastic things with the Williams this year.  Is he good enough to mount a championship offensive, are these rumours of him to Ferrari even more sensational than they currently appear? 

Offline raindancer

Re: Nico Rosberg
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2007, 01:43:28 PM »
I doubt if he can get into ferrari for next year. Kimi has a pretty water tight contract and I don't think ferrari will do away with Massa. They probably will have to pay Kimi a lot of money if they want him out.
BMW have re signed Heidfeld. There is a seat vacant at Toyota. Would he want to go there and probably one more will fall vacant next year.
I also expect Fisi also to be out of a seat for next year. He has been given many opportunities and has been soundly been beaten by his team mates over the years.
Barrichello also may be leaving at the end of this year from Honda inspite of his contract.
Don't Fight Forces ! Use them

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2007, 04:33:12 PM »
I think Toyota or Honda would be a downhill move for him. With Ferrari, McLaren and BMW-Sauber locked up for next year, about his only chance would be if something opens up at Renault.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Chameleon

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2007, 04:38:27 PM »
What's wrong with him staying at Williams?  The Toyota engine is fine (not Williams' fault that the factory team don't know how to use it) and Williams appear to be getting their design act together again.  Could be the car to beat next year...
Never mind me - read http://f1insight.madtv.me.uk/ :D

Offline Dare

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2007, 05:01:10 PM »
I'd like him to stay at Williams too.Seems the onlt
thing holding Williams back is funding.
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

FW14B

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2007, 09:48:52 PM »
Don't get me wrong, I was just thinking ability wise.  I'd obviously love for him to stay at Williams next year (and beyond) as he is an immensely talented driver and I think in the current situation my team would struggle to get anyone near as good as him in a seat.

Offline raindancer

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2007, 12:00:41 PM »
But ! What are the chances that Williams will become a competitive team in the near future ?

FW14B

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2007, 11:01:05 PM »
You want the answer from me with the Williams cap on, or off  :D?

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2007, 11:34:57 PM »
I packed all my Williams kit away at the end of last season. Sadly, they don't stand a chance as long as they're stuck with the worst engines on the grid.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline raindancer

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2007, 06:56:50 AM »
You want the answer from me with the Williams cap on, or off  :D?

Honest Assesment.

FW14B

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2007, 12:09:01 PM »
I think it is possible Williams could move forward, maybe to compete for fourth place in the constructors championship next season.  The people are there, and the marketing department seems to be aiming way above where the team is in terms of results, so money isn't as bad as it perhaps was.  The Toyota engine isn't too bad, but recently it has been the cars aerodynamics that have let the car down, so I think this is the area that needs most work on.  I think Nico's performances have shown the car is not too bad this year, mainly luck has worked against him.  If Wurz was more consistent in qualifying then I think Williams would be regularly scoring more points.  But I think 4th is the best the team can aim for unless Toyota fully back the team or we switch to another manufacturer once the Toyota deal has ended. 

Offline raindancer

« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2007, 01:05:58 PM »
To look at it further. The fact that Williams has a Aero problem means that they have to achieve significant progress in that Department, Also the fact that they are or were good at building chassis and that is where they seem to floundering is an important point and they also don't have any serious budget worries.
Regarding engines they do not have many options. Mercedes, BMW may not be keen on supplying engines to them and Ferrai and Honda already are supplying. That leaves Renault.
I think Williams has a uphill struggle on their hands.

Offline rmassart

« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2007, 01:16:49 PM »
Sad as it is, unless Williams can tie themselves to a serious manufacturer in the next couple of years they will go the way of Lotus. Frank Williams and Patrick Head aren't the youngest anymore either so that won't help either unless they can sort themselves out with a manufacturer.

FW14B

« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2007, 10:08:54 PM »
I think the thing for Williams would be to exploit manufacturers who are not currently in F1, but it would be difficult to attract them in if Frank and Patrick show any stubborness like they did with BMW.  I imagine had Frank let BMW have a little more control, and having seen how well BMW has done these last two years, the Williams-BMW partnership could have challenged for titles.  But, which manufacturers out there would be interested in coming into F1 or would also be competitive enough to challenge?  It will be tough for Williams, but they've been through tough times and come through them.  Hopefully this will be another such situation.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle